Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jul 23, 2010, 05:19 PM   #1
ds111
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
MacBook 4,1 - eBay Price?

Hi guys!

I am going to sell my MacBook White 4,1 on eBay. I'm waiting for the new MacBook Pros because I can wait a bit, and I want to get the latest stuff. (They update usually in October, right? How was it last year?)

Anyway, I am hoping to get around $700 for this MacBook:

2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
2 GB ram
160GB HDD
OSX 10.6.4

Very good condition. (Very minor, shallow scratches on top that are only visible from a very strange angle.)

The white is very white -- no discoloration.

You think $700 is a realistic view on this? If not, what is?

Thanks so much!
ds111 is offline   0
Old Jul 23, 2010, 05:22 PM   #2
spinnerlys
Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: forlod bygningen
The last October update was in 2008, then the MBPs got updated in June 2009, then again in April 2010, so an update in October or November of 2010 is not very likely, but it might happen anyway, but January / February 2011 seems more likely right now.

http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/

Have you taken a look at eBay auctions and what prices the sellers want or get? Have you also taken a look at www.mac2sell.net to get some kind of bearing?
spinnerlys is offline   0
Old Jul 23, 2010, 05:32 PM   #3
ds111
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinnerlys View Post
The last October update was in 2008, then the MBPs got updated in June 2009, then again in April 2010, so an update in October or November of 2010 is not very likely, but it might happen anyway, but January / February 2011 seems more likely right now.

http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/

Have you taken a look at eBay auctions and what prices the sellers want or get? Have you also taken a look at www.mac2sell.net to get some kind of bearing?
Thanks so much for your help!
Their quote is $630. So I think $700 isn't out of this world.

Lets just hope the new MacBook pros come sooner rather than later!
ds111 is offline   0
Old Jul 23, 2010, 07:49 PM   #4
kainjow
Moderator emeritus
 
kainjow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Thread closed based on Marketplace Rules (Rule: Eligibility). This rule applies to "for sale", "want to buy", and also "need price advice" threads.

See Marketplace Rule: Eligibility for further information.
kainjow is offline   0

Closed Thread
MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Xcode 4.1 'Run' won't work.. DoodlyDoo Mac Applications and Mac App Store 0 Sep 26, 2011 09:49 AM
MacBook5,1 - Trying to run Windows 7 Ultimate x64/ Bootcamp 4.0 issues rashhashan MacBook 0 Sep 24, 2011 02:26 AM
Lesson learned: don't buy a MacBook Pro battery off eBay yousifabdullah Buying Tips and Advice 12 Aug 10, 2011 02:55 PM
Downgrading from 4.3.1 to 4.1/4.2 seble iPhone 0 Apr 14, 2011 01:55 AM
MacBook 4,1 - Tiger thesteve MacBook 5 Jan 7, 2010 06:05 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:58 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC