Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gigi11192

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 24, 2010
I really want a MBP 13, but this year's processor just let me down. And I decided to wait for another while, anybody who have any ideas when the next update is gonna happen. Thanks guy!

gigi11192

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 24, 2010
According to MR's Buyer's Guide: October is most likely. But no one really knows.

Thanks a lot.
I am just desperate. i've already waited for like half a year. but still not satisfied with the new model.
i care about processor and also portability. how about you guys what do you expect?

hope in this Oct or Dec, we can hear good news from Buyer's Guide.

and thanks a lot, friends

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
you really can live with a processor that is 4 or 5years old??

The actual CPU is not four to five years old, only the architecture and the C2D is still a good architecture for everyday tasks.

I'm writing this on a three year old C2D iMac which is still going strong and can even do that CPU intensive stuff everyone likes to do.

C64

macrumors 65816
Sep 3, 2008
For everyone obsessing over i3/i5/i7: https://www.macrumors.com/2010/04/1...book-pros-use-of-intel-core-2-duo-processors/

We chose killer graphics plus 10 hour battery life over a very small CPU speed increase. Users will see far more performance boost from the speedy graphics.

For Apple it is not, and has never been, about building computers with every possible feature anyone might want, or including all the latest and greatest tech, but about serving specific user groups with specifics needs the best way they can. And for the majority of people buying and using the 13" MBP the new specs are great and it's plenty fast. There's more to a notebook than just the CPU, and having the 'newest' type doesn't necessarily mean it's better when you start compromising on other things.

And yes, this means that Macs aren't for everyone, and not everyone will find their perfect Mac, depending on what you find most important. But that's ok, because there's plenty of choice out there. There's always a compromise, no matter what brand you go for.

b4uloveme

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2010
the current mbp 13" is a joke just like you have a 60 years old heart and 30 years old kidney and liver. well, you still can have sex and drink beer,but if you want to have more fun or drink more beer or stronger drink, your heart will say no........

elleana

macrumors regular
Nov 30, 2009
For everyone obsessing over i3/i5/i7: https://www.macrumors.com/2010/04/1...book-pros-use-of-intel-core-2-duo-processors/

For Apple it is not, and has never been, about building computers with every possible feature anyone might want, or including all the latest and greatest tech, but about serving specific user groups with specifics needs the best way they can. And for the majority of people buying and using the 13" MBP the new specs are great and it's plenty fast. There's more to a notebook than just the CPU, and having the 'newest' type doesn't necessarily mean it's better when you start compromising on other things.

And yes, this means that Macs aren't for everyone, and not everyone will find their perfect Mac, depending on what you find most important. But that's ok, because there's plenty of choice out there. There's always a compromise, no matter what brand you go for.

Amen, and amen.

b4uloveme

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2010

you know what, just because of the people who thinks like you spoils apple to much......

eng42ine

macrumors 68000
the current mbp 13" is a joke just like you have a 60 years old heart and 30 years old kidney and liver. well, you still can have sex and drink beer,but if you want to have more fun or drink more beer or stronger drink, your heart will say no........
Have you ever used the 13"? Because I actually use one on a regular basis and its much more reliable than the 17" Windows laptop that I also have, completely night and day... Having owned this notebook, I'll probably never own anything over 13" again, if I need something bigger, I'll just buy an iMac..
you know what, just because of the people who thinks like you spoils apple to much......

WTF does this mean?

FnuGk

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2009

that has to be the best way ever to say this! :D

b4uloveme

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2010
Have you ever used the 13"? Because I actually use one on a regular basis and its much more reliable than the 17" Windows laptop that I also have, completely night and day... Having owned this notebook, I'll probably never own anything over 13" again, if I need something bigger, I'll just buy an iMac..

WTF does this mean?

hey dude,i currently have a Macbook pro 13" 2.26 late 2009 and my friend has a mpb 2010 2.4....it is a joke to buy a 1200 dollar mbp with a out of date C2D in it nowadays....ok, you are talking about using it on a regular basis, well, even a stupid school campus computer can handle those so called regular basis pretty good.
I am not saying mbp 13" sucks, but for the update from C2D to C2D really sucks....

eng42ine

macrumors 68000
hey dude,i currently have a Macbook pro 13" 2.26 late 2009 and my friend has a mpb 2010 2.4....it is a joke to buy a 1200 dollar mbp with a out of date C2D in it nowadays....ok, you are talking about using it on a regular basis, well, even a stupid school campus computer can handle those so called regular basis pretty good.
I am not saying mbp 13" sucks, but for the update from C2D to C2D really sucks....

Maybe, but your average user isn't going to care about what processor is in the computer as long as its fast and stays that way

b4uloveme

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2010
Maybe, but your average user isn't going to care about what processor is in the computer as long as its fast and stays that way

average user?.........did you do any survey ??? if you did not, please stop saying average user~!@#$%%^&&*.

stefan1975

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2010
Its not 4-5 years old. Besides, its better than living with no processor at all. :D

it's not 4 years old, it's "just" three with the p8600 coming from 2008.

it is funny how Apple gets away with saying they didnt have room for better specs and call the shared ddr 320 "killer graphics". i wonder how they plan to support the obsolete c2d architecture until at least 2014 but they probably got a good deal from Intel.

i hear the new air at least will get an i7, might be a viable alternative to the overpriced mbp13, although it is said to be 11.6".

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2010
average user?.........did you do any survey ??? if you did not, please stop saying average user~!@#$%%^&&*.

Does it sound better to you if he says the normal pc user who just browses the web and writes up docs and or surfs ebay and amazon?

b4uloveme

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2010
Does it sound better to you if he says the normal pc user who just browses the web and writes up docs and or surfs ebay and amazon?

well,what we are talking now is about macbook pro, it is called pro, so it has to be good enough to handle some professional works. you know, macbook pro is more expensive than other pc laptops,however, it is ok if you can get at least same technology. but the problem is that even 500 dollars pc laptops on the market has at least i3 in it.....so what do you think that you paid 1200 dollars for a C2D so called macbook pro???

Apply really really need a great competitor who make great laptops using Mac OS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.