Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch > iPod touch Accessories

Old Jul 25, 2010, 12:30 PM   #1
mifre
macrumors newbie

Where's the microphone?

It says that there is an microphone on my iPod touch. In the earphones. I have an iPod touch (late 2009) with 32 GB. Can anyone tell me where the earphones is?

Earlier today, i wanted to use the app called "MusicID" to find an song, that was played in background on an YouTube video. But it couldn't find any song it says. Then i thought because I just didn't know where the microphone actualy is. I just sat with my earphones near to my speaker and nothing happened.

Help please?

Some words from
mifre

iPod touch : 3rd gen (32 GB) | iPhone 4 : 32 GB (soon)
mifre is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2010, 12:40 PM   #2
Mr Slippy IV
macrumors 6502

On Apple Headphones With Remote and Mic, the microphone is located on the reverse of the remote directly under where the + and center buttons meet. It appears as a small and silvery perforated circle. The iPod touch, iPod Classic, iPod Shuffle, and iPod nano (4th generation or earlier) have no internal microphone and must use headphones containing a microphone or a standalone adapter. Apple Headphones With Remote for the iPod Shuffle do not contain a microphone.
Old Jul 25, 2010, 04:11 PM   #3
Blackened
macrumors regular

It's that thing on the right.

Blackened is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2010, 03:19 AM   #4
mifre
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Slippy IV View Post
On Apple Headphones With Remote and Mic, the microphone is located on the reverse of the remote directly under where the + and center buttons meet. It appears as a small and silvery perforated circle. The iPod touch, iPod Classic, iPod Shuffle, and iPod nano (4th generation or earlier) have no internal microphone and must use headphones containing a microphone or a standalone adapter. Apple Headphones With Remote for the iPod Shuffle do not contain a microphone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackened View Post
It's that thing on the right.

Thanks

iPod touch : 3rd gen (32 GB) | iPhone 4 : 32 GB (soon)
mifre is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch > iPod touch Accessories