Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion

Old Nov 16, 2004, 11:09 AM   #1
MacBytes
macrumors bot

NBA bans iPod during pregame warm-ups

Category: News and Press Releases
Link: NBA bans iPod during pregame warm-ups
Posted on MacBytes.com

Approved by Mudbug
MacBytes is offline   0
Old Nov 16, 2004, 11:21 AM   #2
Elan0204
macrumors 65816

"Proper attire," I don't think so. This is all about the fact that Apple doesn't have to pay for the advertising they get from an NBA player wearing an iPod on the court. I bet if Apple were paying the NBA to let its players wear iPods before the game, suddenly it would become acceptable attire.

To learn more about Utada, check out my iMix.
Elan0204 is offline   0
Old Nov 16, 2004, 11:43 AM   #3
macridah
macrumors 6502a

I want a better explaination from the NBA. That is just pure silliness to not allow players to use a ipod, or any music device, during pre-game workouts.
macridah is offline   0
Old Nov 16, 2004, 11:44 AM   #4
Veldek
macrumors 68000

Send a message via ICQ to Veldek Send a message via AIM to Veldek Send a message via MSN to Veldek
The players can have all kinds of haircuts, tattoos, glasses etc. but when one player has an iPod during warmup it is wrong. What's wrong with the NBA, I wonder.
Veldek is offline   0
Old Nov 16, 2004, 11:48 AM   #5
Sharewaredemon
macrumors 68000

Send a message via MSN to Sharewaredemon
I would like to see what "Proper Attire" is defined as.....
Sharewaredemon is offline   0
Old Nov 16, 2004, 11:59 AM   #6
MacDawg
macrumors P6

It think Bill Gates and M$ got to the NBA. This is just one more area that they intend to eventually dominate in the music war.
MacDawg is offline   0
Old Nov 16, 2004, 12:12 PM   #7
AmigoMac
macrumors 68020

Silly... did this happen with the walkman?
Old Nov 16, 2004, 03:02 PM   #8
virividox
macrumors 68040

Location: Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbara - Boston (ugh hate not knowing where to call home)
oversized shorts i can understand (shaq and kobe in la a couple years ago), but an ipod, common just let the guy psych himself up
Old Nov 16, 2004, 03:32 PM   #9
rjwill246
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to rjwill246
In a word-

'idiots'
rjwill246 is offline   0
Old Nov 16, 2004, 05:35 PM   #10
mrsebastian
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to mrsebastian
memo to the nba: who [bleepin] cares! you have absolutely the worst professional sports product, well next to the nhl which doesn't even exist at this point. instead of worrying about one of your players listening to his music to get warmed/psyched up for a game, perhaps it would be a good idea to create a better product on the court. i recall basketball being one of my favorite sports in the 80s and early 90s, then i can vividly recall where it became very boring to watch an nba game. it got to the point where it was pointless to watch a game except for the final quarter to see the game's outcome. now it's to the point i don't care about the season and might tune in for the playoffs, maybe.

why is that you might ask, because the games i can watch on tv are not much better in quality than what i can go watch in a pickup game at the park. then you might wonder why that is, since you pay millions and millions for these super-star athletes. well they may be amazing athletes, but so many of them are unrefined and don't really care about the sport, nor their teams. for most players priority number one is to get filthy rich and they couldn't care less about team work, having pure love for the game, and being part of a team... i could go on and on, but i'll finish with, why not buy all your players an ipod and make it part of the uniform. you can even sell team branded ipods
Old Nov 17, 2004, 08:51 AM   #11
Chip NoVaMac
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsebastian
memo to the nba: who [bleepin] cares! you have absolutely the worst professional sports product, well next to the nhl which doesn't even exist at this point. instead of worrying about one of your players listening to his music to get warmed/psyched up for a game, perhaps it would be a good idea to create a better product on the court. i recall basketball being one of my favorite sports in the 80s and early 90s, then i can vividly recall where it became very boring to watch an nba game. it got to the point where it was pointless to watch a game except for the final quarter to see the game's outcome. now it's to the point i don't care about the season and might tune in for the playoffs, maybe.

why is that you might ask, because the games i can watch on tv are not much better in quality than what i can go watch in a pickup game at the park. then you might wonder why that is, since you pay millions and millions for these super-star athletes. well they may be amazing athletes, but so many of them are unrefined and don't really care about the sport, nor their teams. for most players priority number one is to get filthy rich and they couldn't care less about team work, having pure love for the game, and being part of a team... i could go on and on, but i'll finish with, why not buy all your players an ipod and make it part of the uniform. you can even sell team branded ipods
Amen! Same could be said about baseball.
Old Nov 17, 2004, 11:18 AM   #12
wdlove
macrumors 604

It seems like a very silly idea to me. If this helps him to better prepare for the game they shouldn't object. I would certainly hope that this isn't pressure from Bill Gates.

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion