Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dane D.

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 16, 2004
ohio
Will the any of the following parts work in a G3/300 B/W? I removed two RAM chips, 32 MB each, PC66 variety. One hard drive Western Digital 4.3 GB, EIDE type. One internal ZIP drive and one internal CD-ROM drive. The video card has AV RCA and s-video jacks on it. Also saved the motherboard. Are these worth keeping or should I unload them?

Also will a ATI Radeon 9200 PCI video card in a G3/300 B/W work? Are there known issues with such a combination? Would like better game play (UT GOTY).

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
Dane D. said:
Will the any of the following parts work in a G3/300 B/W? I removed two RAM chips, 32 MB each, PC66 variety. One hard drive Western Digital 4.3 GB, EIDE type. One internal ZIP drive and one internal CD-ROM drive. The video card has AV RCA and s-video jacks on it. Also saved the motherboard. Are these worth keeping or should I unload them?

Also will a ATI Radeon 9200 PCI video card in a G3/300 B/W work? Are there known issues with such a combination? Would like better game play (UT GOTY).
Why on earth would you use PC66 in that G3? According to this page, the particular PowerMac G3 you're putting the parts into functions best with PC100 RAM. Using PC66 will not only slow the whole machine down, but it will defeat the purpose of putting in a newer video card too.

cluthz

macrumors 68040
Jun 15, 2004
Norway
Dane D. said:

PC66 era ended with the beige G3s. Toss them...
A 6-7 year old ata disk isn't very thrustable, its also slow and small..
The internal zip drive is probabli a scsi 50 drive, so if you hava a scsi card in the b&w you can se it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.