Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Jul 26, 2010, 01:27 PM   #1
ateganda29
macrumors newbie

ipad wifi+3g owners: cellular data setting and data plan subscription

hello everyone! i just bought an iPad wifi+3g over the weekend and i'm enjoying playing with it. trying to control buying so many accessories because i tend to overdo it.

i would just like to pick your brains about the iPad. i bought the wifi+3g version because probably like many of you, i will use wifi for the most part but would like to have the 3g option available when needed. so right now, i haven't set up/created an at&t data account on my iPad and will not do so until i'll need the 3g (obviously). however, when i turned on my iPad for the first time, the cellular data is turned on by default. i set up my wifi connection and so far been using it over wifi. how many of you leave your cellular data on while using wifi? what happens if you're not subscribed to any data plan but your cellular data is turned on and no wifi connection? do you get a pop-up window asking you to subscribe to a monthly data plan? i'm afraid to turn off my cellular data for a long period of time, even if i'm not subscribed to any data, because i've read other users having problems with registering a signal after having their cellular data turned off for a while and having some sim card issues.

thanks!
ateganda29 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad