Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rotlex

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 1, 2003
PA
Just an FYI for anyone still wondering on these ship times. My original order, placed the day they announced it, said it would not ship until the end of August. I just got an e-mail from Apple stating my order shipped, and will be delivered by August 3rd. Cool news, but I probably won't even use the thing as I don't appear to have any reception issues, and really like the look of the naked phone. The only real reason I'm thinking of using it, is to help protect the back a bit when setting it down on certain surfaces.

tek210

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2010
Same here. Was pleasantly surprised last night to see that it had shipped.

stackshady

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2010
Las Vegas, USA
:apple:

Attachments

• This-cool-story-brought-to-you-by-BRO-INCORPORATED-388x500.jpg
    This-cool-story-brought-to-you-by-BRO-INCORPORATED-388x500.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 71

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
Great. Looks like we're going to see a separate thread for every bumper shipped. Damn you Twitter for giving everyone a false sense of importance.

rotlex

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 1, 2003
PA
Great. Looks like we're going to see a separate thread for every bumper shipped. Damn you Twitter for giving everyone a false sense of importance.

Yep, and always has to be someone to point that out. You paying for the bandwith, message board or anything else there chief?

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
Yep, and always has to be someone to point that out. You paying for the bandwith, message board or anything else there chief?

No but I have limited time to browse the forums and it gets a little old having to wade through post after post of the exact same topic, especially when the exact same topic already exists on the page, and it's not really a topic at all; it's a tweet.

And since you seem to realize this, yet felt compelled to make yet another thread, it's that much more annoying.

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
No but I have limited time to browse the forums and it gets a little old having to wade through post after post of the exact same topic, especially when the exact same topic already exists on the page, and it's not really a topic at all; it's a tweet.

And since you seem to realize this, yet felt compelled to make yet another thread, it's that much more annoying.

The title, "My free bumper shipped" wasn't enough for you to skip it? And then you posted twice? Personally, I think it's old wading thru posts complaining about the posts.

To get back on topic, I received my free bumpers last week.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
The title, "My free bumper shipped" wasn't enough for you to skip it? And then you posted twice? Personally, I think it's old wading thru posts complaining about the posts.

To get back on topic, I received my free bumpers last week.

Well if just one person reads what I wrote and thinks, "yeah, actually maybe I should check if there's already a thread for the post I was going to make, and maybe starting a new one would be selfish and obnoxious.", then I'm happy.

rotlex

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 1, 2003
PA

Ah OK, good...then I've filled my quota for annoying a random internet user who is annoyed by these types of threads, but spends lots of time posting in them. :D Have a great day!!!!!! :)

onesweetearl

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2010

atleast he's used the Internet since 2005 and knows correct forum etiquette. he wasn't being an ass just trying to direct you to the search function

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.