Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 25, 2009
I just placed an order for one of these this week and I should have it within a couple of days (unlike my orders for iPhone 4 cases). I spoke directly with one of the main PR guys at the company and he said they are "flying off the shelves".

fhoq4w

I like this case because it offers a slim profile (not as slim as the Apple case) and the multi-position stand for landscape and typing modes.

For me this will replace the YooBao case. The YooBao was nice, but the extra leather cover around the iPad's bezel started to annoy me.

Check out the case here:

http://www.cyberacoustics.com/retail/Cases-and-Covers/IC-1000BK

Also the a YouTube unboxing by a Twitter friend of mine (which is how I found out about this new case):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUyh0vYtR7s

bres

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2010
Ordered mine last night too-- after reading an iLounge blurb on the case-- and for all the reasons you brought up.

Thanks for the link to your friends video-- has me even more anxious to receive the case.

jeremy3721

macrumors regular
May 29, 2010
Attempted to order this morning but their order process seemed to be having problems. I just received a call and apparently demand overwhelmed their system after the post on ilounge. They are now out of stock and the next batch is shipping around August 20th.

albbreinholt

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2010
Review please.

I've been looking for a case like this for a while but all I could find were realy expensive or cheaply made. Please post your review after you get it.

jeremy3721

macrumors regular
May 29, 2010
Does anyone know if you can use the iPad dock with this case? It's looks to me like it would be possible due to the space between the holder and the leather backing. If so, this case really hits the target on a lot of features without compromising like most of the other options. I'm even excitednfornthe hand strap that I never even considered before.

Cybersteve

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2010
iPad Dock

Jeremy...good questions...Downside, the iPad will not dock with our cover on. Upside, removing or putting the cover on takes just a fews seconds. Hope that helps.

Steve with Cyber Acoustics

IrishVixen

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
This looks interesting, the hand strap especially. I look forward to seeing the longer term reviews.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
Received mine today and from first impressions, it looks pretty good and simple but I'm think the leather is a low grade quality.

doodude

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2009
pssst, look behind you...
I spoke directly with one of the main PR guys at the company and he said they are "flying off the shelves".

Wouldnt be much of a PR guy if he didnt, would he!? :D

Interesting case though. Do those plastic tabs at the corner give you a real sense of security? Also, will it wiggle within the tabs at all & be subject to any scratching from the plastic crossbars behind the iPad holding it in?

Cybersteve

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2010
Wouldnt be much of a PR guy if he didnt, would he!? :D

Interesting case though. Do those plastic tabs at the corner give you a real sense of security? Also, will it wiggle within the tabs at all & be subject to any scratching from the plastic crossbars behind the iPad holding it in?

At 1:38 of this video should give you an idea on how sturdy the connection is.

Cyber Steve with Cyber Acoustics....

batman75

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2010
Received mine today and from first impressions, it looks pretty good and simple but I'm think the leather is a low grade quality.

That's unfortunate. I was interested until you mentioned the leather is low grade. I will go for the Powersupport case instead since they are using premium leather.

This one has a nice design but they should offer a premium leather variant.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

By the time the Power Support case comes out, there'll be a new iPad.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

By the time the Power Support case comes out, there'll be a new iPad.

Exactly.. If you're looking for the best leather pay up thru Vaja.

RR1818

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2010
I think I'm going to order one of these. They look like a great value for the price.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
Why? Does it feel thin? Poorly tanned?

'Thinking' something is "low grade quality" vs knowledge of such..... big difference.

It doesn't have the smell of leather really. And yes it's thin and it feels that way too. You don't have to take my word for it. Try it yourself :)

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
What am I missing here? At 3:45 the iPad is securely in the case (but the elastic corner straps are being used to keep the cover in place when it is folded behind the iPad).

Are you supposed to do that though? I thought they are just to keep the folio closed when not it use. Thanks.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
I take back what I said about the leather, it does smell like leather. I'm vert glad to say that both the upright and typing functions work great! Not really a fan of the two bungie straps but I think it's better than magnets. I would try to find some other way to improve that though! For the price it isn't a bad case at all but with all the competition out there on the market, I would add some little improvements.
I think that those rubber holders are fantastic and they do a great job.

jeremy3721

macrumors regular
May 29, 2010
Don't know that this will be helpful for anyone but I have both the CyberAcoustics Portfolio and the Yoobao Magic (V3) Cases and took some side by side shots. I'm currently testing both cases and I'm not quite sure which one I'm going to keep but I really like them both. If I could take the parts I like from both cases and mesh those attributes together I'd have the perfect case I think. I've gone through at least 10 cases and both of these are far and above more superior than any of the others.

The Yoobao is slightly smaller in all dimensions and as a result is probably in a slide lead right now. I also like the slightly more substantial feel of the cover as it just feels solid all around. The CyberAcoustics has a nice feel as well but a little more puffiness to it. I really like the way the CyberAcoustics case easily locks into landscape typing and viewing positions. The strap is also nice for holding the ipad in one hand if you happen to be standing etc and I also prefer the internal material to that of the Yoobao.

img24861.jpg

img24871.jpg

img24891.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.