Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Jul 28, 2010, 11:52 AM   #1
MacJames8
macrumors newbie

Check out Dimension from TrendyDigital, it looks cool

I bought a PadPal convertible case from TrendyDigital and I must be on their mailing list now. Anyways, I got an email from them about a new case for the iPad. It is called "Dimension."
It looks very cool. It supports both portrait and landscape orientation. You can also use it either as a frame case or jacket case.

Check out the youtube video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSJkjvHgEQc

Portrait View Stand
Landscape View Stand
Enjoy!

Last edited by MacJames8; Jul 29, 2010 at 09:51 PM.
MacJames8 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2010, 10:01 PM   #2
MacJames8
macrumors newbie

This case looks very interesting. It looks nicer than the ZooGue case. Nobody has any comments on it?
Old Jul 30, 2010, 05:22 AM   #3
Young Turk
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacJames8 View Post
This case looks very interesting. It looks nicer than the ZooGue case. Nobody has any comments on it?
It's the Yoobao v. 2 case from the looks of the YouTube video.
iPad Air 16gb White/Silver
Young Turk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2010, 09:59 AM   #4
MacJames8
macrumors newbie

These two cases have similar outlooks. However, from the video review and information at trendydigital.com, the construction and functionality are quite different. The " Dimension" case can be used as a frame case. It can also be used as a jacket case. It supports multi-viewing angles in both landscape and portrait orientations. It is a much more versatile case for your money.
frame case
jacket case
Old Jul 30, 2010, 11:04 AM   #5
jedolley
macrumors 68000

The video was probably one of the worst reviews I've ever watched. The reviewer was trying too hard to be funny, and just ended up sounding stupid. I pretty much stop watch the video right after the Velcro and the blood-sucking marshmallow.

As for the case, as mentioned, it looks like a cross between the v2 and v3 Yoobao cases, but with a twist. The twist being the detachable Velcro part. I can see how some may like this, but i'm not a fan.
jedolley is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2010, 01:08 PM   #6
MacJames8
macrumors newbie

I donít blame you. Different people have different tastes of humor. For me, I prefer a little light heartedness. I found it perfectly acceptable in this video review. Beyond that, I see this product is more an Incase convertible case on steroids, not really a Yoobao case ( if you finish the video and see how the case works). It accommodates the portrait viewing by using this attachment mechanism.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 01:28 PM   #7
TraceyS/FL
macrumors 68040

Actually, the detachable part will put this on my list of possibilities. Detached it would work best for me at night, but the others might work on the go.

I would have to wonder if there is a way to do something similar without the velcro - some sort of "thing" that it pivots on?
TraceyS/FL is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2010, 01:35 PM   #8
jiankun34
macrumors newbie

Looks like a great concept and a well constructed case. Does anyone have this case? I have a trendydigital waterproof case for the ipad, I am wondering whether the iPad with the frame case can be slid directly into my waterproof case. If i can do that, I might consider getting one.
jiankun34 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2010, 10:21 AM   #9
MacJames8
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraceyS/FL View Post
Actually, the detachable part will put this on my list of possibilities. Detached it would work best for me at night, but the others might work on the go.

I would have to wonder if there is a way to do something similar without the velcro - some sort of "thing" that it pivots on?
I also like the fact that the frame case can be easily attached or detached to the jacket cover. This transforming ability makes this case unique and versatile.
As for the "thing", I am wondering that too.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 11:36 AM   #10
TraceyS/FL
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacJames8 View Post
I also like the fact that the frame case can be easily attached or detached to the jacket cover. This transforming ability makes this case unique and versatile.
As for the "thing", I am wondering that too.
I'm thinking something like the EB Cases locking nub..... Hmmm, wonder if they have iPad cases?

Fortunately for me, i'm not in a position to buy anything right now - so by the time i can, here is hoping there will be even MORE to pick from!
TraceyS/FL is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2010, 08:51 PM   #11
MacJames8
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraceyS/FL View Post

Fortunately for me, i'm not in a position to buy anything right now
I am at the same boat here. However, I finds that I always get some excuses to spend money for the next thing at the moment. In fact, I am currently after a bag that I can carry both the iPad ( sitting in my TrendyDigital PadPal case) and the Apple BT Keyboard. Life goes on!

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories