Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jul 28, 2010, 11:21 PM   #1
judesign
macrumors newbie

Why photos won't show up in places?

Hey guys I've searched exhaustively and maybe there is no solution yet for this problem but when I take a picture with my iphone it might or might not show up in places. I've tried toggling location services, restarting the phone, etc.. nothing seems to help. Any suggestions? Thanks
judesign is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2010, 02:14 AM   #2
doctordowling
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by judesign View Post
Hey guys I've searched exhaustively and maybe there is no solution yet for this problem but when I take a picture with my iphone it might or might not show up in places. I've tried toggling location services, restarting the phone, etc.. nothing seems to help. Any suggestions? Thanks
I had this same problem, here's how I fixed it: Go to Settings->General->Reset-> and reset "Location Warnings".

Make sure your Camera and Photos are both closed from the multitasking tray and then start them up, and allow the location prompt. Then when you take a picture, you will notice that it doesnt automatically show up in "places". This is a bug in iOS4. You actually have to kill the apps by closing them in the multitasking tray and when you start them up again you will see that they are in the places window!
doctordowling is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2010, 03:08 AM   #3
unlimitedx
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctordowling View Post
I had this same problem, here's how I fixed it: Go to Settings->General->Reset-> and reset "Location Warnings".

Make sure your Camera and Photos are both closed from the multitasking tray and then start them up, and allow the location prompt. Then when you take a picture, you will notice that it doesnt automatically show up in "places". This is a bug in iOS4. You actually have to kill the apps by closing them in the multitasking tray and when you start them up again you will see that they are in the places window!
Great tip! I have been restarting my iphone, didn't know closing app in multitask bar would do the trick
unlimitedx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2010, 03:23 AM   #4
Alonzo84
macrumors 6502a

Go to settings/general/location services/camera/on.
Alonzo84 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone