Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development

Old Jul 29, 2010, 05:53 AM   #1
big_malk
macrumors 6502a

Urgent - my website has been blacklisted on Safari?!

I was going to update my website today, but when I looked at it Safari popped up the 'This website may harm your computer...' message - I was not best pleased!

I've checked my site and have found no malware.
I've checked Google webmaster tools, and my domain isn't blacklisted there, it says there has been no malware found.

The weird thing is, the warning says to check the Google safe browsing diagnostic page at this link http://google.com/safebrowsing/diagn...co.cc&hl=en-gb, and that page says "Diagnostic page for yoursupergoogleanalytics.co.cc" - that's not my domain?! :S

My site is visible briefly before the warning appears, I though maybe someone had posted a malicious comment or something that loads a bad script from another domain or something, but I cant find mention of that domain anywhere on my site!

I am very confused, and I can't even find where my site has been blacklisted, or where the problem is?!

I'd really appreciate help on this ASAP, as it look pretty bad having my site blacklisted like this!
big_malk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2010, 05:59 AM   #2
iTzChasE
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Warning: Visiting this site may harm your computer!

The website at christiesmedia.co.uk contains elements from the site yoursupergoogleanalytics.co.cc, which appears to host malware – software that can hurt your computer or otherwise operate without your consent. Just visiting a site that contains malware can infect your computer.
For detailed information about the problems with these elements, visit the Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page for yoursupergoogleanalytics.co.cc.
Have you completely searched your site up and down for something related to yoursupergoogleanalytics.co.cc?
Old Jul 29, 2010, 06:10 AM   #3
big_malk
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTzChasE View Post
Have you completely searched your site up and down for something related to yoursupergoogleanalytics.co.cc?
Where did you see that?

Yip, I've gone through every page and searched the source code, I've searched the entire database, and I'm currently checking for and changed files over FTP but it's going painfully slow
Old Jul 29, 2010, 06:15 AM   #4
iTzChasE
macrumors 6502

I used Google Chrome and that is what showed up.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 06:28 AM   #5
big_malk
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTzChasE View Post
I used Google Chrome and that is what showed up.
I checked Chrome and got no warning, I've got the latest version and cant see any option to turn warnings on/off

Presumably chrome uses google's own malware blacklist thingy, but google webmaster tools says there is no malware detected... I am really confused!!

I cant find this supposed malware / domain anywhere on my site
Old Jul 29, 2010, 07:01 AM   #6
angelwatt
Moderator emeritus

Looks to have been temporary. I didn't get any warnings when using either Safari or Chrome. I'm in the US.
angelwatt is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2010, 09:08 AM   #7
Darth.Titan
macrumors 68020

Well you have something wrong in one of your javascripts. My AVG alerts me with the following warning when navigating to your site.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	oops.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	242043  
Darth.Titan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2010, 09:12 AM   #8
Elysian
Banned

caption.js has an iframe injection. I'd be careful where you are getting your scripts from.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ss1.png
Views:	48
Size:	269.7 KB
ID:	242045  

Last edited by Elysian; Jul 29, 2010 at 09:20 AM.
Elysian is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2010, 11:35 AM   #9
Consultant
macrumors G5

Yup your site is h4x0red!
Consultant is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2010, 12:34 PM   #10
big_malk
macrumors 6502a

Thanks guys, just found that.

The script was part of the Joomla installation (obviously, it didn't come with that in it though).

My site was a couple of minor versions out of date, but this'll be the last time I let that happen! Time to update, check all my other websites and change al my passwords I guess...

Thanks for your hep guys!
Old Jul 29, 2010, 12:57 PM   #11
DJBenE
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_malk View Post
I was going to update my website today, but when I looked at it Safari popped up the 'This website may harm your computer...' message - I was not best pleased!

I've checked my site and have found no malware.
I've checked Google webmaster tools, and my domain isn't blacklisted there, it says there has been no malware found.

The weird thing is, the warning says to check the Google safe browsing diagnostic page at this link http://google.com/safebrowsing/diagn...co.cc&hl=en-gb, and that page says "Diagnostic page for yoursupergoogleanalytics.co.cc" - that's not my domain?! :S

My site is visible briefly before the warning appears, I though maybe someone had posted a malicious comment or something that loads a bad script from another domain or something, but I cant find mention of that domain anywhere on my site!

I am very confused, and I can't even find where my site has been blacklisted, or where the problem is?!

I'd really appreciate help on this ASAP, as it look pretty bad having my site blacklisted like this!
Be sure to check EVERYWHERE (ie. sessions, images and files with multiple extensions, htaccess files, etc). I got one of my servers hacked a while back and couldn't find anything...until I started noticing files renamed from like myfile.css to myfile.css.php with malicious code in them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_malk View Post
Thanks guys, just found that.

The script was part of the Joomla installation (obviously, it didn't come with that in it though).

My site was a couple of minor versions out of date, but this'll be the last time I let that happen! Time to update, check all my other websites and change al my passwords I guess...

Thanks for your hep guys!
That's good news you fixed the issue. Definitely keep up to date on software releases and updates if you use a script which is widely used, like Joomla and WordPress.

Last edited by DJBenE; Jul 29, 2010 at 07:12 PM.
DJBenE is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2010, 04:27 PM   #12
angelwatt
Moderator emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
caption.js has an iframe injection.
That explains why I didn't get the error, thank you AdBlock
angelwatt is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development