Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jul 29, 2010, 05:53 AM   #1
big_malk
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Scotland
 
see vendor information in user profile
Urgent - my website has been blacklisted on Safari?!

I was going to update my website today, but when I looked at it Safari popped up the 'This website may harm your computer...' message - I was not best pleased!

I've checked my site and have found no malware.
I've checked Google webmaster tools, and my domain isn't blacklisted there, it says there has been no malware found.

The weird thing is, the warning says to check the Google safe browsing diagnostic page at this link http://google.com/safebrowsing/diagn...co.cc&hl=en-gb, and that page says "Diagnostic page for yoursupergoogleanalytics.co.cc" - that's not my domain?! :S

My site is visible briefly before the warning appears, I though maybe someone had posted a malicious comment or something that loads a bad script from another domain or something, but I cant find mention of that domain anywhere on my site!

I am very confused, and I can't even find where my site has been blacklisted, or where the problem is?!

I'd really appreciate help on this ASAP, as it look pretty bad having my site blacklisted like this!
big_malk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2010, 05:59 AM   #2
iTzChasE
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Warning: Visiting this site may harm your computer!

The website at christiesmedia.co.uk contains elements from the site yoursupergoogleanalytics.co.cc, which appears to host malware – software that can hurt your computer or otherwise operate without your consent. Just visiting a site that contains malware can infect your computer.
For detailed information about the problems with these elements, visit the Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page for yoursupergoogleanalytics.co.cc.
Have you completely searched your site up and down for something related to yoursupergoogleanalytics.co.cc?
__________________
post best ever?
Amacfa: hey detected no going and apple tell me do thing I done, running.
iTzChasE is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2010, 06:10 AM   #3
big_malk
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Scotland
 
see vendor information in user profile
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTzChasE View Post
Have you completely searched your site up and down for something related to yoursupergoogleanalytics.co.cc?
Where did you see that?

Yip, I've gone through every page and searched the source code, I've searched the entire database, and I'm currently checking for and changed files over FTP but it's going painfully slow
big_malk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2010, 06:15 AM   #4
iTzChasE
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
I used Google Chrome and that is what showed up.
__________________
post best ever?
Amacfa: hey detected no going and apple tell me do thing I done, running.
iTzChasE is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2010, 06:28 AM   #5
big_malk
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Scotland
 
see vendor information in user profile
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTzChasE View Post
I used Google Chrome and that is what showed up.
I checked Chrome and got no warning, I've got the latest version and cant see any option to turn warnings on/off

Presumably chrome uses google's own malware blacklist thingy, but google webmaster tools says there is no malware detected... I am really confused!!

I cant find this supposed malware / domain anywhere on my site
big_malk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2010, 07:01 AM   #6
angelwatt
Moderator emeritus
 
angelwatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: USA
Looks to have been temporary. I didn't get any warnings when using either Safari or Chrome. I'm in the US.
angelwatt is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2010, 09:08 AM   #7
Darth.Titan
macrumors 68020
 
Darth.Titan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Well you have something wrong in one of your javascripts. My AVG alerts me with the following warning when navigating to your site.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	oops.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	242043  
Darth.Titan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2010, 09:12 AM   #8
Elysian
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
caption.js has an iframe injection. I'd be careful where you are getting your scripts from.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ss1.png
Views:	44
Size:	269.7 KB
ID:	242045  

Last edited by Elysian; Jul 29, 2010 at 09:20 AM.
Elysian is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2010, 11:35 AM   #9
Consultant
macrumors G5
 
Consultant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Yup your site is h4x0red!
Consultant is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2010, 12:34 PM   #10
big_malk
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Scotland
 
see vendor information in user profile
Thanks guys, just found that.

The script was part of the Joomla installation (obviously, it didn't come with that in it though).

My site was a couple of minor versions out of date, but this'll be the last time I let that happen! Time to update, check all my other websites and change al my passwords I guess...

Thanks for your hep guys!
big_malk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2010, 12:57 PM   #11
DJBenE
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Rowland Heights, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by big_malk View Post
I was going to update my website today, but when I looked at it Safari popped up the 'This website may harm your computer...' message - I was not best pleased!

I've checked my site and have found no malware.
I've checked Google webmaster tools, and my domain isn't blacklisted there, it says there has been no malware found.

The weird thing is, the warning says to check the Google safe browsing diagnostic page at this link http://google.com/safebrowsing/diagn...co.cc&hl=en-gb, and that page says "Diagnostic page for yoursupergoogleanalytics.co.cc" - that's not my domain?! :S

My site is visible briefly before the warning appears, I though maybe someone had posted a malicious comment or something that loads a bad script from another domain or something, but I cant find mention of that domain anywhere on my site!

I am very confused, and I can't even find where my site has been blacklisted, or where the problem is?!

I'd really appreciate help on this ASAP, as it look pretty bad having my site blacklisted like this!
Be sure to check EVERYWHERE (ie. sessions, images and files with multiple extensions, htaccess files, etc). I got one of my servers hacked a while back and couldn't find anything...until I started noticing files renamed from like myfile.css to myfile.css.php with malicious code in them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_malk View Post
Thanks guys, just found that.

The script was part of the Joomla installation (obviously, it didn't come with that in it though).

My site was a couple of minor versions out of date, but this'll be the last time I let that happen! Time to update, check all my other websites and change al my passwords I guess...

Thanks for your hep guys!
That's good news you fixed the issue. Definitely keep up to date on software releases and updates if you use a script which is widely used, like Joomla and WordPress.

Last edited by DJBenE; Jul 29, 2010 at 07:12 PM.
DJBenE is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2010, 04:27 PM   #12
angelwatt
Moderator emeritus
 
angelwatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
caption.js has an iframe injection.
That explains why I didn't get the error, thank you AdBlock
angelwatt is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My iPhone4 has sticky keys on Safari sdm197 iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting 0 Jul 20, 2011 10:18 AM
Can I check if my macbook has been turned on by someone else when i was away? decranjohn Mac Basics and Help 6 Jul 27, 2009 09:25 PM
Website has been updated! deebers Event Archives 0 Jan 9, 2007 01:18 PM
How can i find out how long my mac has been on Macer OS X 7 Jun 1, 2006 11:48 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:57 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC