Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Jul 29, 2010, 06:33 AM   #1
leftyno9
macrumors regular

iphone 4 camera shutter wont open. is this fixed in 4.0.1? [Problem now solved]

does anyone know if this has been fixed in 4.0.1? like many other people i dont really want to upgrade to 4.0.1 beacuse of the impending jailbreak. it looks like i'm going to have to make a decsion of having camera or jailbreak! thats if there is a camera fix in 4.0.1

read below for fix

Last edited by leftyno9; Aug 4, 2010 at 12:19 PM.
leftyno9 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2010, 06:38 AM   #2
Amnesia87
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftyno9 View Post
does anyone know if this has been fixed in 4.0.1? like many other people i dont really want to upgrade to 4.0.1 beacuse of the impending jailbreak. it looks like i'm going to have to make a decsion of having camera or jailbreak! thats if there is a camera fix in 4.0.1
lol that sounds like you may just need to restore your phone.
Amnesia87 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2010, 06:41 AM   #3
leftyno9
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnesia87 View Post
lol that sounds like you may just need to restore your phone.
done alot of googling and a restore wont work. not even starting the phone from fresh
Old Jul 29, 2010, 07:00 AM   #4
MikePA
Banned

Quote:
The dev-team has said the jb being developed will work with 4.01. However, I don't recall seeing any mention of fixing the camera shutter in 4.01
MikePA is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2010, 07:02 AM   #5
dhlizard
macrumors G3

Quote:
If this is a new iPhone 4 on OTB firmware, sounds like a warranty issue. I haven't seen anyone post of this problem.

Look for me here Jailbreak/Unlock Chart
dhlizard is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2010, 06:49 AM   #6
leftyno9
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhlizard View Post
If this is a new iPhone 4 on OTB firmware, sounds like a warranty issue. I haven't seen anyone post of this problem.
will take it into a apple store to see whats up. rather annoying tho. i'm on holday and cant take any pictures

its quite a common problem apparently http://discussions.info.apple.com/me...ageID=11749931
Old Jul 30, 2010, 07:20 AM   #7
dhlizard
macrumors G3

Quote:
will take it into a apple store to see whats up. rather annoying tho. i'm on holday and cant take any pictures

its quite a common problem apparently http://discussions.info.apple.com/me...ageID=11749931
Seems it is an issue. First I have heard of it. Thanks for the info and good luck.

Look for me here Jailbreak/Unlock Chart
dhlizard is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2010, 12:27 PM   #8
leftyno9
macrumors regular

update for those interested:

went to my local apple store (Brighton, England) and they said they have never encountered anyone with the problem i had. so its obviously not a very common problem. anyway the genius offered me a replacment no questions asked. he even let me look through the little micro scope they use to check for water damage

now restoring and updating to 4.0.1 then straight to jailbreakme.com. cant wait to have a play around

also would like to mention the level of customer service in the apple store, its second to none. so the temptation to jailbreak all the iphones in the store was taken away

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks