Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

leftyno9

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 12, 2009
does anyone know if this has been fixed in 4.0.1? like many other people i dont really want to upgrade to 4.0.1 beacuse of the impending jailbreak. it looks like i'm going to have to make a decsion of having camera or jailbreak! thats if there is a camera fix in 4.0.1

read below for fix

Amnesia87

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2010
does anyone know if this has been fixed in 4.0.1? like many other people i dont really want to upgrade to 4.0.1 beacuse of the impending jailbreak. it looks like i'm going to have to make a decsion of having camera or jailbreak! thats if there is a camera fix in 4.0.1

lol that sounds like you may just need to restore your phone.

MikePA

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2008

The dev-team has said the jb being developed will work with 4.01. However, I don't recall seeing any mention of fixing the camera shutter in 4.01

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community

If this is a new iPhone 4 on OTB firmware, sounds like a warranty issue. I haven't seen anyone post of this problem.

leftyno9

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 12, 2009
update for those interested:

went to my local apple store (Brighton, England) and they said they have never encountered anyone with the problem i had. so its obviously not a very common problem. anyway the genius offered me a replacment no questions asked. he even let me look through the little micro scope they use to check for water damage :eek:

now restoring and updating to 4.0.1 then straight to jailbreakme.com. cant wait to have a play around :D

also would like to mention the level of customer service in the apple store, its second to none. so the temptation to jailbreak all the iphones in the store was taken away :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.