What is the best tv compatible with a macbook pro? - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro

Old Jul 29, 2010, 03:26 PM   #1
zaclancaster1
macrumors newbie

What is the best tv compatible with a macbook pro?

My boss just bought me a macbook pro for work, and told me to look into getting a bigger monitor or maybe a TV. I'm not that savy on electronics and this will be my first mac. Any recommendations would be great.
zaclancaster1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2010, 03:38 PM   #2
spinnerlys

Any TV with an HDMI, Composite, DVI, VGA or S-Video or Component input will work.

How to: Connect a MacBook, MacBook Air, or MacBook Pro to a TV

But just to be clear, TVs are not good as external computer displays, the content will look blurry (except moving images, like video) and will only put stress onto your eyes.

Also have a look at the following links, as the information presented there might be helpful in your future endeavours into Mac OS X and could clear up initial confusion and may even prevent harm to your system or your files.

Mac OS X Basics
Switch 101 - guide with articles made by Apple on how to accustom yourself, after you switched to Mac OS X from Windows
Mac 101 - How to get started with Mac OS X
Find out how - tutorial videos made by Apple on how to do certain thing in Mac OS X
Pro tips - tips made available by Apple for easier ways of doing certain tasks
Mac OS X Keyboard Shortcuts - Learn about common Mac OS X keyboard shortcuts.
Mac OS X Beginner's Guide by MacRumors - learn about software, media players, shortcuts and some useful tips, tricks and hints
Mac Guides - tutorials, product guides and more
Mac Guides - Finding Mac Software
MRoogle - a very effective tool to search these fora using Google and made available by edesignuk, introductory threads: 1, 2 and 3
"How to maximise your MacRumors troubleshooting experience" created by mad jew in 2006
spinnerlys is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2010, 04:15 PM   #3
zaclancaster1
macrumors newbie

Thanks a lot for the info. I appreciate your help.
zaclancaster1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro