Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Old Nov 19, 2004, 03:23 AM   #1
FelixDerKater
macrumors 68000

iPod Clickwheel Help

I have a 4G iPod and am starting to experience trouble with the clickwheel. Most of the right half of the clickwheel has stopped working. Moving my finger across that section produces no result. At times, the clickwheel seems to act on its own will, moving through song lists or altering volume at random times. Is this something that is covered under the warranty, and does anyone have any idea what could have caused this problem?

Last edited by FelixDerKater; Nov 19, 2004 at 04:20 AM.
FelixDerKater is offline   0
Old Nov 19, 2004, 03:52 AM   #2
theadz01
macrumors newbie

If it doesn't work - phone apple, they should get it sorted for you!
theadz01 is offline   0
Old Nov 19, 2004, 07:03 AM   #3
sebisworld
macrumors 6502

Send a message via ICQ to sebisworld Send a message via MSN to sebisworld
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixDerKater
I have a 4G iPod and am starting to experience trouble with the clickwheel. Most of the right half of the clickwheel has stopped working. Moving my finger across that section produces no result. At times, the clickwheel seems to act on its own will, moving through song lists or altering volume at random times. Is this something that is covered under the warranty, and does anyone have any idea what could have caused this problem?
I have heard that some people's hands are not made for such devices. If you usually have problems with trackpads and such, your skin might be the problem. Try reproducing it with another persons help. Best of luck.
sebisworld is offline   0
Old Nov 19, 2004, 08:36 AM   #4
FelixDerKater
macrumors 68000

I have never had such a problem before. I use the trackpad on my TiBook everyday and the iPod worked fine for the first month or so.
Old Nov 19, 2004, 09:42 AM   #5
debroglie
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebisworld
I have heard that some people's hands are not made for such devices. If you usually have problems with trackpads and such, your skin might be the problem. Try reproducing it with another persons help. Best of luck.
It would probably be far easier to get a replacement iPod than replacement skin
debroglie is offline   0
Old Nov 19, 2004, 01:16 PM   #6
Mackohallic
macrumors newbie

Lightbulb Maybe a soft reset?

Maybe you can do a soft reset. Maybe the calibration of the touch click wheel screwed up.
Mackohallic is offline   0
Old Nov 19, 2004, 02:13 PM   #7
FelixDerKater
macrumors 68000

Thanks for the suggestions. Apple will be getting a call once I get done with work for the day.

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers