Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

williamtracy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 22, 2010
I just ordered and received an i7 refurb a few days ago at $1849. Today I see the price has dropped to $1699. I've read of a few people receiving at least partial refunds (of their restocking fee) when attempting to return their refurbs upon announcement of the new models.

Would I have any chance of receiving some sort of refund on account of the price has dropped within the 14 day return period? And if so, how should I go about contacting Apple?

Any advice would be appreciated!

rkaufmann87

macrumors 68000
Dec 17, 2009
Folsom, CA
I just ordered and received an i7 refurb a few days ago at $1849. Today I see the price has dropped to $1699. I've read of a few people receiving at least partial refunds (of their restocking fee) when attempting to return their refurbs upon announcement of the new models.

Would I have any chance of receiving some sort of refund on account of the price has dropped within the 14 day return period? And if so, how should I go about contacting Apple?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Why are you asking us, you should be asking Apple! My guess is probably but you have to contact them and make the request.

williamtracy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 22, 2010
I plan to, I just thought if anyone had been in the same situation before they could maybe give me some tips. I know people have said they've gotten restocking fees waived but it's not always a given. And since I didn't get this at a physical Apple Store I can't even attempt to sweet talk a manager or anything of that sort.

rkaufmann87

macrumors 68000
Dec 17, 2009
Folsom, CA
Just call the online store, have your invoice and the serial number of the machine handy. It should be a pretty painless task.

JoelMarcey

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2009
Northern California
As long as you are within the 14-day return window

At least in the U.S., if you are within the 14-day return window, Apple is understanding enough to provide price matching refunds. At least that is my experience. However, if you venture one day outside that return window, you are probably out of luck; and I actually understand that. They have to draw the line somewhere.

AmyK

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2010
I returned my "old" iMac on day 17 with no problem and since they didn't have the new ones in they waived my restocking fee also. Then I decided to go with i5 instead of the i3 and had no problems at all... Posting from it right now:D

Gregintosh

macrumors 68000
Jan 29, 2008
Chicago
I called earlier today (they shipped my iMacs on the 19th) and they gave me the full difference back on both units (I had the 21.5 base and 27 i5), for a total of ~$240.

As long as you call within 14 days of buying your mac, you should also have no problem getting the difference back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.