Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jdean23

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 13, 2010
I know there are plenty of threads but I figure this could help plenty of people out ..
1. You Must Have A Receipt or Rewards Card
2. Most BB Won't install your Free Zagg instore

jdean23

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 13, 2010
This is for people to pick up the antenna fix Zagg Protection films from best buy

bt1988

macrumors member
Jul 12, 2007
Mine installed it for free today, and didn't ask any questions about if I bought it from them, or even if I was a reward zone member. :)

optimusp517

macrumors member
Jul 12, 2010
You must have a receipt? What do you mean? So only customers that bought from best buy gets it?

solius

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2010
Decatur AL
I called my local bestbuy and they didnt know a d**m thing about it :mad:. gonna stop by there tomorrow with their forum page pulled up on my phone showing what the sku for the free side pieces are.

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
I know there are plenty of threads but I figure this could help plenty of people out ..
1. You Must Have A Receipt or Rewards Card
2. Most BB Won't install your Free Zagg instore

Most of them say that but the employees could care less. I walked in, got mine all without them even asking if I bought the IP4 there or scanned my RZ card. Most BB's I've gone too won't install it on the spot but, after looking at their clumsy staff, would you really want them too? Besides, it took me all of 5 minutes to do mine so it's not a huge inconvenience to put it on. It's free but totally not even worth paying a dime for this crap.

tokiidokii

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2008
i went to the bb near my area and the guy asked if i received a coupon in the mail. i said no and he asked if i bought the phone from bb and i also said no.

then he basically said that it's only offered to people who got the phone through bb and not the apple store.

oh well. i'll try the other bb that's around 30mins away and see how it goes. tbh, i really don't care but i saw online that said it's being offered to everyone who has an ip4 that's why i wanted to see for myself lol.

jon snow

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2003
Florida
My BB installed them on two phones. I was asked if I bought either of them at BB. I said I think one was purchased there. She then spoke to someone else and installed them without another word.

Having said all that, they do not eliminate the antenna problem. It may have lessened it a bit so I will try to use the phone without a case and see how it goes. The signal definitely will go down in the death grip.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.