Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Product Recommendations/Reviews

Old Nov 19, 2004, 10:18 AM   #1
jersey10
macrumors regular

Macmice BT Mouse Questions/Difficulties

I just got my Macmice BT mouse. Although I like it, I am having several issues:

(1) Whenever my computer (an eMac) goes to sleep, my mouse loses its connection with the computer and I have to set it all up again.

(2) The mouse also loses its connection with the computer (and has to be set up again) whenever I turn the mouse off.

Am I missing something or have I set up something incorrectly? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. The light on the bottom of my Macmice BT mouse blinks continuously - is this the way it is supposed to work? I had a wired Macmice mouse previously and the light on that would stay constant. Any thoughts?

Thanks for your help.
jersey10 is offline   0
Old Nov 19, 2004, 11:22 AM   #2
kbonnel
macrumors 6502

While I have had a lot of issues, your seem to be really bad . I think I lost connection with my PB once, but that was due to dead batteries. (and I had to repair it).

As for the light, I have noticed this too. What I have really noticed, is how the mouse with function with different mouse pads. It seems the mouse likes a mouse pad with NO changes in color or anything (just a solid color mouse pad seems to work best). In my opinion, MacMice needs to do some additional testing to "fix" some of these issues.

Kimo
kbonnel is offline   0
Old Nov 19, 2004, 12:32 PM   #3
Totalshock
macrumors member

It sounds like they're not properly paired or something. My MacMice BT will temporarily "lose" its connection when the computer (or it) goes to sleep... but give it a good tap, wait about two seconds, and it's back up and running... and it wakes up the G5 if I need it to do that. Never had any problem with pairing info being lost when I had to turn it off... which I have to do on a regular basis, because the battery life is so abyssmal. I'm lucky to get three or four days out of a pair of rechargable AAs.
Old Nov 19, 2004, 12:53 PM   #4
Threnody
macrumors member

Make sure you have the latest firmware for your bluetooth dongle (built-in or external). Download and run the bluetooth firmware updater.

I have the MacMice BT, and I really haven't had any problems with it. The only time the light blinks as you described is when the batteries are near death. Maybe you got a bad set.

And remember that because it's battery-powered it needs a click to wake it up, not just a shake (you probably already knew that). And really, there's no need to completely turn it off unless you're travelling, because it'll go to sleep anyways.

Good Luck!
Threnody is offline   0
Old Nov 22, 2004, 02:08 AM   #5
JJMorgan123
macrumors newbie

I love my Macmice Bt Mouse. At first I was very sketchy because of all the problems discussed. Bad connection, sketchy tracking, having to resetup again and again. But after getting latest bluetooth software updates from apple and getting the firmware update it fixed all the problems, it always auto connects now, it brings it out of sleep, works great. I am very satisfied.
JJMorgan123 is offline   0
Old Nov 22, 2004, 08:32 AM   #6
timnosenzo
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by jersey10
(1) Whenever my computer (an eMac) goes to sleep, my mouse loses its connection with the computer and I have to set it all up again.

(2) The mouse also loses its connection with the computer (and has to be set up again) whenever I turn the mouse off.
My Apple BT mouse does the same thing with my PowerBook. If the PowerBook goes to sleep, I have to set up the mouse all over again. It's REALLY annoying. With mine though, the light goes off, and I have to turn it off, then turn it back on for it to start working again.
timnosenzo is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Product Recommendations/Reviews