Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Queso

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 4, 2006
Part # 4 billion of "WTF is wrong with people?"

Japanese officials went to congratulate what they though to be Japan's oldest man on Wednesday to celebrate his 111th birthday. Unfortunately instead of holding a party they uncovered a mummified corpse, dressed in pyjamas and laid out in bed. Sogen Kato is thought to have been dead for nearly 30 years whilst his family have continued to claim his pension payments. Repeated attempts by social workers to gain access to Mr. Kato were refused by the family of the "deceased", who told authorities that he had confined himself to his room.

Lovely.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-10809128

niuniu

macrumors 68020
Some people are just a little.. psycho..:eek:

Psycho-shower-scream.jpg

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
Part # 4 billion of "WTF is wrong with people?"

Japanese officials went to congratulate what they though to be Japan's oldest man on Wednesday to celebrate his 111th birthday. Unfortunately instead of holding a party they uncovered a mummified corpse, dressed in pyjamas and laid out in bed. Sogen Kato is thought to have been dead for nearly 30 years whilst his family have continued to claim his pension payments. Repeated attempts by social workers to gain access to Mr. Kato were refused by the family of the "deceased", who told authorities that he had confined himself to his room.

Lovely.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-10809128

Another WTF moment. I hope the governmeng goes after the family for fraud!

jake.f

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2008
NSW, Australia
That's the thing. After 30 years it probably didn't anymore, but it must have really honked for the first 5 years or so.

Yeh I guess but still how mentally screwed up must someone be to have a mummified corpse in their home. would they not think of it, or smell something every time they walked past the room? I know how bodies smell after death (Went to a workshop at a university, not a serial killer) and I don't know how they could stand it for more than an hour let alone 5 or 30 years. Hope they get their asses sued for fraud.

Jaro65

macrumors 68040
Mar 27, 2009
Seattle, WA
Yeh I guess but still how mentally screwed up must someone be to have a mummified corpse in their home. would they not think of it, or smell something every time they walked past the room? I know how bodies smell after death (Went to a workshop at a university, not a serial killer) and I don't know how they could stand it for more than an hour let alone 5 or 30 years. Hope they get their asses sued for fraud.

The sweet smell of money in their hands must have clearly defeated other pungent odors in their lovely household.

Ttownbeast

macrumors 65816
May 10, 2009
Happens here too only most fraudsters who are cashing the social security checks here usually do something which makes more sense like hide the body.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.