Connection to VPS fails - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Old Aug 1, 2010, 01:28 PM   #1
Patrick J
macrumors 65816

Connection to VPS fails

I rented a VPS via burst.net. Everything worked fine yesterday, I ssh'ed in and install the stuff I needed, and since then I have been using Chicken of the VNC to check whats going on.

Today, suddenly, it doesn't work. I open CotVNC and it gives me the error as seen in the picture below:

Quote:
Connection Terminated

Authentication Failed - Server Reports:
Authentication failure
I can still ssh in via terminal, so I don't understand the "authentication failure".

Any help?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	v.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	242821  
Patrick J is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2010, 05:21 PM   #2
Patrick J
macrumors 65816

Problem fixed. I was confused because I could ssh in and not access the vnc, even though they are different systems, as I had set the two passwords the same!

It turned out that an acquaintance had changed the password for a joke.
Patrick J is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2010, 10:00 PM   #3
dmmcintyre3
macrumors 68020

You might want to try NX. It uses the same password as the user account and is much faster.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking