Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps

Old Aug 1, 2010, 04:19 PM   #1
msarway
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to msarway
best alarm clock for ipad and the nicest

which alarm clock should i get for ipad now that i have a nice stand. which is the nicest and best one to get.
msarway is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2010, 06:14 PM   #2
ScottNWDW
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via MSN to ScottNWDW
Quote:
Originally Posted by msarway View Post
which alarm clock should i get for ipad now that i have a nice stand. which is the nicest and best one to get.
I personally like the LCARS one. Makes me feel like I am on the USS Enterprise 1701-D
Old Aug 1, 2010, 06:29 PM   #3
TangoDown
macrumors regular

Touch LCD. Classy simple sci-fi look and it talks too..
TangoDown is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2010, 07:54 PM   #4
Batt
macrumors 65816

Night Stand HD.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 03:03 AM   #5
mamema
macrumors regular

the one from the iphone cause its the only one running in background
mamema is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2010, 09:14 AM   #6
arctic
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangoDown View Post
This. My favorite so far. Universal as well. Devs already did the Retina Display update and only a matter of time til this gets updated for multitasking to run in the background.

Bar none Touch LCD has the best feature-set for an alarm clock available for the iPad/iPhone to date. I own a handful already because I hate waking up.
arctic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2010, 09:17 AM   #7
AdeFowler
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batt View Post
Night Stand HD.
+1 for Night Stand HD.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 01:44 PM   #8
MacBlackBook22
macrumors 6502

I love Lifelike Alarm clock and weather HD
Old Aug 7, 2010, 01:29 PM   #9
megajunior
macrumors newbie

Check out my app:

LightWake Alarm Clock (for iPad)

I hope you like it
megajunior is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2010, 08:18 AM   #10
toomer
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic View Post
This. My favorite so far. Universal as well. Devs already did the Retina Display update and only a matter of time til this gets updated for multitasking to run in the background.

Bar none Touch LCD has the best feature-set for an alarm clock available for the iPad/iPhone to date. I own a handful already because I hate waking up.
For the iPad, I would tend to agree. I've used this on travel a few times already.

For the iPhone, though -- I love TimeTuner. Beautiful display and intuitive interface, and it lets me wake up to streaming radio stations of my choosing (most "wake to music" clock apps are simply pulling from your iTunes library). It has 100% replaced my clunky clock radio on my nightstand. I run it on my iPad at 2x sometimes -- would love it if they came out with a universal version that supported both resolutions.

My typical setup while I'm traveling -- TimeTuner is on my nightstand (in the charging dock), and Touch LCD is across the room somewhere as a backup just in case.
toomer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2010, 09:44 AM   #11
Dynamix
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangoDown View Post
+1
Dynamix is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2010, 10:01 PM   #12
Jayling
macrumors newbie

AllIn1Clock

I really like the AllIn1Clock so far. It has a Timer which is important to me, plus an Alarm Clock, Stop Watch, and can set numerous different World Clocks also.

This app was very intuitive and easy for me to use. Kudos to the dev.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/allin...371246952?mt=8

It is $2.99 for something that probably should be a default app like on the iPhone, but when features are needed ya gotta do what ya gotta do.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 10:08 PM   #13
newdeal
macrumors 68000

Without a doubt the iPhone clock app is the best to use. It runs in the background so you don't have to remember to turn it on before bed andnwhen it goes off it's just either tap to snooze or slide to turn off. Nightstand HD when it goes off you have to unlock the iPad, remember to press the insanely small alarm logo andmthen turn it off. It sounds easy but in a sleepy stupor it's way too much especially if you are trying to snooze
newdeal is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2011, 05:31 PM   #14
spencercal
macrumors newbie

Classic Clock HD

There is a new clock app that is now my new favorite. Classic Clock HD. It's got 4 different designs, includes an awesome looking stopwatch and timer, background alarms included too.

http://www.ClassicClockHD.com
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/class...402289140?mt=8
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	iPadScreenshot.png
Views:	78
Size:	235.1 KB
ID:	266116  
spencercal is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2011, 07:34 PM   #15
majordude
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamema View Post
the one from the iphone cause its the only one running in background
None run in the background?

How do I get the iPhone app on my iPad?!!
majordude is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2011, 10:19 PM   #16
cjred
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by majordude View Post
None run in the background?

NightStand HD and iHome Sleep App... runs in the background... it alarms even if its closed
cjred is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2011, 07:10 PM   #17
tarheel34
macrumors newbie

I have Nightstand HD. It's an awesome alarm app, but I have a question. How do I mute all of my other notification sounds (GMail, Echofon, etc) without going into preferences and turning them off every time, but still have the Nightstand alarm go off?
tarheel34 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2011, 09:06 PM   #18
tarheel34
macrumors newbie

Never mind. I figured it out... One my only problem is that the alarm is way low. I have the sound in the app settings up all the way and the iPad sound all the way up and it's still really low...
tarheel34 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2011, 04:36 PM   #19
mj662
macrumors newbie

by far the best seems to be

this looks to be the bast i have seen if it works! not out yet but the company says it will be here within a month.

Very cool features, there is a kind of slow video showing how it works.

http://www.beautifulclockradio.com/

mark
mj662 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2011, 06:35 PM   #20
Staindsoul
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdeFowler View Post
+1 for Night Stand HD.
this
Staindsoul is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2011, 09:20 PM   #21
lowback
macrumors newbie

Have you tried this.... I think its great...
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/icloc...429343440?mt=8
lowback is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2011, 10:31 PM   #22
madstation
macrumors newbie

HiberClock HD Social Edition

HiberClock HD Social Edition
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hiber...410972772?mt=8
madstation is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2011, 12:05 PM   #23
gillennium
macrumors newbie

Smart Alarm Pro the best one out there

Got this app Smart Alarm pro, that I love and I had to share it with you guys. And only for 1 dollar you can use it for iphone and ipad.

For me the best alarm app out there so fare.

Smart Alarm Pro gives you the option of waking up to your own iPod playlist, one of 20 built in alarm sounds, or even a favorite radio station. Also included is a set of quotes to help you start your day with positive thoughts on your mind, and an option to automatically wake 30 minutes earlier when the built-in weather forecast predicts bad weather. Best of all, the alarm functions even when your device is locked or is in silent mode.

Smart Alarm Pro elegant interface packs a lot of handy information into a small space. The top half of the screen shows extensive weather details updated in real-time, including current conditions, conditions at set alarm time and a five day forecast, while the bottom half features a large-type digital clock, RSS news headlines and local traffic information. With a single tap, view all of this quickly and easily, in either portrait or landscape view.

Smart Alarm Pro

The iPad does not come with an alarm clock (or any clock for that matter), so we thought we would show off the the many ways you can make perfect use of the top alarm clock apps.*

One of the complaints that people had with the iPad is that it did not come equipped with a clock app. Well..

Well everyone knew it was coming an alarm clock and a weather app plus photo albums, all in one!* This one gets 5 stars consistently and Whits easy to see why because it is truly eye catcher.* I love the way that the clock looks.* The weather is also a great addition.
Built around what looks like an actual everyday alarm clock, the app includes a calendar, analog clock, and integration with iPod music.

gillennium is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2011, 12:06 PM   #24
gillennium
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by msarway View Post
Got this app Smart Alarm pro, that I love and I had to share it with you guys. And only for 1 dollar you can use it for iphone and ipad.

For me the best alarm app out there so fare.

Smart Alarm Pro gives you the option of waking up to your own iPod playlist, one of 20 built in alarm sounds, or even a favorite radio station. Also included is a set of quotes to help you start your day with positive thoughts on your mind, and an option to automatically wake 30 minutes earlier when the built-in weather forecast predicts bad weather. Best of all, the alarm functions even when your device is locked or is in silent mode.

Smart Alarm Pro elegant interface packs a lot of handy information into a small space. The top half of the screen shows extensive weather details updated in real-time, including current conditions, conditions at set alarm time and a five day forecast, while the bottom half features a large-type digital clock, RSS news headlines and local traffic information. With a single tap, view all of this quickly and easily, in either portrait or landscape view.

Smart Alarm Pro

The iPad does not come with an alarm clock (or any clock for that matter), so we thought we would show off the the many ways you can make perfect use of the top alarm clock apps.*

One of the complaints that people had with the iPad is that it did not come equipped with a clock app. Well..

Well everyone knew it was coming an alarm clock and a weather app plus photo albums, all in one!* This one gets 5 stars consistently and Whits easy to see why because it is truly eye catcher.* I love the way that the clock looks.* The weather is also a great addition.
Built around what looks like an actual everyday alarm clock, the app includes a calendar, analog clock, and integration with iPod music.

gillennium is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2011, 09:01 PM   #25
thekb
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by majordude View Post

Good question ... how DO you do it??
thekb is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps