Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro

Old Aug 2, 2010, 11:16 AM   #1
bibliogeek
macrumors newbie

Keyboard types two keys at once

So a few days ago I spilt tea on my MBP. When I opened it back up everything seemed to be in working condition, however a few of my keys were sticky. So, yesterday I took them off and started cleaning. That's when things went down hill.

Now, my keyboard will type two letters at the same time. For example, when I press "r" it will type "ry". It does this for the whole row. The Dashboard key brightens the screen and brings up the dashboard. 4 types 46. f types fh. v types vn. And space doesn't space.

Are things completely fried?
bibliogeek is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2010, 03:32 AM   #2
easepease
macrumors regular

mine has a similar issue. Although its only the j and k m and , and u and i keys... any ideas form anyone? I tried a complete fresh install of OSX and also an external keyboard does work perfectly... any ideas?
Old Jun 23, 2011, 12:13 AM   #3
Hutchison
macrumors newbie

Same thing but

when I press delete, it opens itunes.
Hutchison is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2011, 02:25 AM   #4
lindstedt56
macrumors regular

Yeah I have had this problem before and its not something I want to have happen again.

Hopefully no liquid got on the connector that goes to the logic board.

I would try to clean the keys again, liquid might get into the rubber grommet thats right under the key..

Good luck.
lindstedt56 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro