Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jrankin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 27, 2004
Washington, DC
I've got hundreds of CDs to rip into iTunes, and I need to know the best way to get the album artwork in, too. Doing it manually through Google or amazon.com is unappealing--any thoughts on the best scripts or programs to get this task done?

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
iTunes Catalog would have been my recommendation, but it's been crashing all the time lately for me - possibly due to iTunes updates. However, it used to work well, and perhaps there's been an update I've missed.

dotnina

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2004
Clutter works, though it doesn't work too well for me. It can't find artwork for most of my songs, and I have pretty mainstream songs. Clutter, however, is free. When you're playing a song, it'll automatically hunt down artwork. It also has this neat feature where you can put a picture of the album cover on your desktop, then click on the picture for quick access to songs from that album.

There's Export Artwork as well, but this seems to have a bug where, if you have multiple albums from the same artist, it will only fetch ONE album for all of those songs. This is kind of annoying. It's shareware, so I don't know if that's just a way of annoying you so that you'll buy the software.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
If you do it manually, note that you can select the entire album's songs, then import it once to all the songs, instead of one at a time to each song. Of course, you probably already knew that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.