Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Aug 2, 2010, 07:00 PM   #1
Sseguin
macrumors regular

This device has a pending TSS request...

What does this mean at the top of cydia when I log in?
Sseguin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2010, 07:02 PM   #2
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem

It means u should have your 4.0.1 shsh saved on cydias server soon. And so on you will be able to restore/downgrade your iPhone.
Applejuiced is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2010, 07:48 PM   #3
PinkLuxe
macrumors member

I'm curious about this too. I did a forum search, and there was a bunch of information (though not much of it was helpful). With the TSS pending, can I stll do all the regular jailbreak stuff, or do I need to wait? Can I still download apps from Cydia while it's pending?
PinkLuxe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2010, 08:10 PM   #4
Jeffrosproto
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkLuxe View Post
I'm curious about this too. I did a forum search, and there was a bunch of information (though not much of it was helpful). With the TSS pending, can I stll do all the regular jailbreak stuff, or do I need to wait? Can I still download apps from Cydia while it's pending?
Yup, everything works as normal. However, I wouldn't upgrade to 4.1 (when it comes out), until the TSS request is no longer pending.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 08:44 PM   #5
PinkLuxe
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrosproto View Post
Yup, everything works as normal. However, I wouldn't upgrade to 4.1 (when it comes out), until the TSS request is no longer pending.
You're right everything works just fine. Thanks for the tip on upgrading!
PinkLuxe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2010, 09:38 PM   #6
maturola
macrumors 68040

Send a message via AIM to maturola
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sseguin View Post
What does this mean at the top of cydia when I log in?
That just mean that Cydia have you in the queue to request your SHSH blobs from the Apple server and storage for you to be able to use it later (if you need to).

the thing is since the JB just came out yesterday the queue must be 10 miles long, and surik cannot make request to the Apple server that often or his IPs will get banned.

So just sit tight and wait, you'll your SHSH store in cydia soon enough.

Alternative you can just google iphone firmware umbrella and use that to storage your SHSH blobs yourself (it won't hurt)

Hope it help
maturola is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2010, 11:09 PM   #7
Lefty29
macrumors newbie

This means you have pressed the "Make my life easier" button in Cydia, and it is attempting to backup your SHSH Blobs (You want this, trust me). To ensure that it happens before Apple stop signing the 4.01 firmware since this particular jailbreak exploit will be patched with the QUICKNESS, you may want to google The Firmware Umbrella and back them up that way. For more info read http://www.saurik.com/id/12
Lefty29 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2010, 04:14 AM   #8
scottness
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty29 View Post
This means you have pressed the "Make my life easier" button in Cydia, and it is attempting to backup your SHSH Blobs (You want this, trust me). To ensure that it happens before Apple stop signing the 4.01 firmware since this particular jailbreak exploit will be patched with the QUICKNESS, you may want to google The Firmware Umbrella and back them up that way. For more info read http://www.saurik.com/id/12
So... What happens if we're too late? Apple's not signing anymore.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 04:20 AM   #9
hexonxonx
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottness View Post
All you can now is get 4.0.2 and whatever versions come in the future. If you didn't get 4.0.1 or earlier, you can't downgrade to any of those versions and you have to stay on 4.0.2 until a new version comes along.
hexonxonx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2010, 08:34 AM   #10
maturola
macrumors 68040

Send a message via AIM to maturola
Quote:
Same thing that happen if you are too late for anything else, you are SOL, need to wait for next train.
maturola is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2010, 11:27 AM   #11
ZCherub
macrumors 6502a

So - I clicked "Make my life easier" to back up SHSH blobs via Cydia. Unbeknownst to me at the time, Apple may well have ceased signing for 4.0.1. Thinking I was covered, I proceeded with the jailbreak w/out using the Umbrella method to back up my SHSH blobs myself. I assume that unless Apple signs my Cydia backup, I'm SOL if I need to restore my iPhone for any reason?
ZCherub is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2010, 11:30 AM   #12
thelatinist
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCherub View Post
So - I clicked "Make my life easier" to back up SHSH blobs via Cydia. Unbeknownst to me at the time, Apple may well have ceased signing for 4.0.1. Thinking I was covered, I proceeded with the jailbreak w/out using the Umbrella method to back up my SHSH blobs myself. I assume that unless Apple signs my Cydia backup, I'm SOL if I need to restore my iPhone for any reason?
Use umbrella to try to request your 4.0.1 SHSH (under the advanced options). If it is able to retrieve it, then your 4.0.1 SHSH is on-file. Otherwise, you are indeed SOL for this jailbreak.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 11:48 AM   #13
TMar
macrumors 68000

Send a message via Yahoo to TMar Send a message via Skype™ to TMar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCherub View Post
If cydia couldn't request them then neither could you using tiny. It's like trying to get on a train at the station but the train left before you got there, it's not going to happen no matter how you look at it.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 12:02 PM   #14
ZCherub
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMar View Post
If cydia couldn't request them then neither could you using tiny. It's like trying to get on a train at the station but the train left before you got there, it's not going to happen no matter how you look at it.
I see - that makes sense. So no matter how I attempted to back up SHSH blobs, it's not happening after the 17th of August... Should have jailbroken earlier I suppose... Thanks for the clarification, though...
ZCherub is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2010, 07:49 PM   #15
scottness
macrumors 65816

So... Yesterday I had the message "This device has a pending TSS request" when I opened Cydia. Today, the message says "This device has SHSHs on file for iPhone OS/iOS: 4.0.2"

I didn't do anything different. I'm assuming this is good. Right???
Old Sep 1, 2010, 07:57 PM   #16
Myzhi
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
So... Yesterday I had the message "This device has a pending TSS request" when I opened Cydia. Today, the message says "This device has SHSHs on file for iPhone OS/iOS: 4.0.2"

I didn't do anything different. I'm assuming this is good. Right???
It means you can always install 4.0.2 firmware even when Apple move onto 4.1, 4.2 and so on. Also, in the future, Cydia will auto save 4.1, 4.2 and etc.
Myzhi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2010, 08:37 PM   #17
scottness
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myzhi View Post
It means you can always install 4.0.2 firmware even when Apple move onto 4.1, 4.2 and so on. Also, in the future, Cydia will auto save 4.1, 4.2 and etc.
Thanks. So, since there's no jailbreak for 4.0.2... this doesn't mean a whole lot to me for now then, right? Still screwed if I needed to restore tomorrow?
Old Sep 1, 2010, 08:53 PM   #18
Myzhi
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Thanks. So, since there's no jailbreak for 4.0.2... this doesn't mean a whole lot to me for now then, right? Still screwed if I needed to restore tomorrow?
Pretty much.
Myzhi is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks