Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Aug 2, 2010, 07:57 PM   #1
wesesq
macrumors newbie

iPhone 4 Voice Echo Problem

On some phone calls on the iPhone 4, my voice echoes back at me making it difficult to carry on a conversation. This doesn't happen with every call, and sometimes the echo resolves during the call; Other times it doesn't. I have tried performing a soft reset, resetting the Phone application, and AT&T has also performed some sort of over-air reset. I exchanged for a new phone, and the problem persists. The phone is not in a case, but I am not holding it in a known problem area. I am running IOS 4.0.1 and have 4 or 5 bars of reception when the problem occurs. Anyone else having this problem or have ideas or thoughts on how to resolve?
wesesq is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2010, 08:01 PM   #2
tozfeekum
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesesq View Post
On some phone calls on the iPhone 4, my voice echoes back at me making it difficult to carry on a conversation. This doesn't happen with every call, and sometimes the echo resolves during the call; Other times it doesn't. I have tried performing a soft reset, resetting the Phone application, and AT&T has also performed some sort of over-air reset. I exchanged for a new phone, and the problem persists. The phone is not in a case, but I am not holding it in a known problem area. I am running IOS 4.0.1 and have 4 or 5 bars of reception when the problem occurs. Anyone else having this problem or have ideas or thoughts on how to resolve?
My girlfriend seems to have this same issue. Not sure what is happening, but sometimes when we're on the phone she gets a lot of echoing. I don't have the issue at all though. We both have iPhone 4's on 4.0.1. I tried restoring her phone, resetting network settings and the problem persists.
tozfeekum is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2010, 01:12 PM   #3
hamzamagdy
macrumors newbie

I have the same Problem

I'm experiencing the same problem with my iphone 4, Have you succeeded to resolve this issue????????????
hamzamagdy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2010, 06:47 PM   #4
mario.jr
macrumors member

Hi.
I have a similar issue, but it only occurs when Im wearing my headphones( not the apples one)..I can hear the ambient noise that the internal mic captures including my voice.
Any solutions?
mario.jr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2011, 10:57 PM   #5
jrwgolf
macrumors newbie

Thumbs up iphone echo fix

Mine did it. To stop it, turn on the speakerphone, wait a second and turn it off. Resolves the echo problem.
jrwgolf is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2011, 04:00 PM   #6
bighd1340
macrumors newbie

Echo Problems

I have had the same problem except my echoing is coming from the people talking to me. Meaning it's fine for me talking but when they are talking back they are getting the echo. I have an external charger that when it is on the phone it causes the echo. If I take it off it stops. I didn't have this problem with the 4g phone I had. I'm taking it back if it can't be resolved. Apple I'm sure will say it's not an Apple product so nothing can be done.
bighd1340 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting