Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Aug 3, 2010, 12:31 PM   #1
ilinda
macrumors newbie

inadvertent itunes app purchase -ipad

My fault, but still... I was playing with an app and buying stuff at the "store" in the app. A pop up screen asked if I wanted to buy an item and I thought it was at the fake store! $40.00 later I get an email that I've bought accessories for the app at itunes. Anything I can do?
ilinda is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2010, 12:59 PM   #2
Kebabselector
macrumors 68020

Contact Apple they can refund you (doesn't mean they will though).
Kebabselector is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2010, 01:15 PM   #3
rworne
macrumors 6502

Definitely contact Apple. I had a free app change from "free" to "paid" during a purchase. They refunded.

My folks bought a season of a show off of iTunes, and their computer would not play it (gray screen) iTunes refunded.

As long as you do not make it look like a habit, they should do it for you and warn you it was a one-time courtesy.
rworne is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2010, 01:20 PM   #4
ZBoater
macrumors 603

Apple should take a cue from Android Market and allow refunds up to 24 hours after purchase.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 01:40 PM   #5
ilinda
macrumors newbie

how do I contact them?
ilinda is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2010, 01:47 PM   #6
LGgeek
macrumors newbie

http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/
LGgeek is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2010, 02:04 PM   #7
Darth.Titan
macrumors 68020

There should be a "Report a Problem" link in your email receipt.

Otherwise go to the iTunes Store in iTunes. If you are logged into your store account, your email address should be at the top right of the window. Click it and select 'Account'. On the Account screen there should be a 'Purchase History' button. On the History screen, click the grey arrow to the left of the invoice with the mistakenly purchased item and then click the resulting 'Report a Problem' button beneath the detailed invoice. You can then click the 'Report a Problem' link next to the item in question. There is an option in the resulting form in the drop down list for 'I inadvertently purchased this item'.
Darth.Titan is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad