Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Aug 3, 2010, 06:30 PM   #1
Perzonz
macrumors newbie

iPhone asks for password I never set?!

I don't know what the heck is wrong with my iPhone, or what's wrong with the Best Buy lady who was messing with my iPhone when she shouldn't have.. but I don't know if it was her..
But my iPhone 3GS keeps asking for a password whenever I go to Settings>General>Restriction..
I know my password for iTunes and my Voicemail, but I never set a password for Restrictions?! I tried my Voicemail password but it didn't work..
I have a jailbroken iPhone 3GS, please help..
Perzonz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2010, 06:31 PM   #2
celticpride678

Somebody set a passcode on the device.
celticpride678 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2010, 06:35 PM   #3
Intell
macrumors P6

If it is jailbroken, download the com.apple.springboard.plist file from the /var/private/mobile/Library/Preferences folder. Open the file and look for SBParentalControlsPIN. The four digit number after this is the restrictions passcode to unlock it.
Intell is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2010, 10:37 PM   #4
Perzonz
macrumors newbie

Intell, I'm guessing you mean use the SSH thing.. I've never figured out how to use that stuff.. I have DiskAid? is that an SSH thing..
can you like recommend me an SSH program thing, and tell me how to use it?
I'm new to jailbreaking and stuff like that..
Perzonz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2010, 10:41 PM   #5
zachcheatham
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to zachcheatham Send a message via Skype™ to zachcheatham
Have you tried plugging it into itunes? My friend guessed my password wrong a couple times and had it locked out. I plugged it in and it unlocked it. I dont know if it still works or applies here.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 10:47 PM   #6
Intell
macrumors P6

Things to Google and learn about. "install OpenSSH on iPhone", "change iPhone root and mobile password", "transfer files iphone ssh windows", "open plist on windows 7". Google and read about those things in that order. If you don't have Windows then substitute Mac. If you don't have Windows 7, put in the version you do have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachcheatham View Post
Have you tried plugging it into itunes? My friend guessed my password wrong a couple times and had it locked out. I plugged it in and it unlocked it. I dont know if it still works or applies here.
It's not that kind of passcode.
Intell is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2010, 04:26 PM   #7
Artikas
macrumors newbie

password

Same thing happened to me after updating from ios 3.2 to ios 4.1.
right after reseting the jailbroken iphone and then loading 4.1 it started asking me for a passcode from time to time and it still dose.
the only solution i found is to reboot the phone by holding down the sleep + home button. Sometimes it might take 1-3 trys for it to work.
Not really a solution to the problem but at least i can use my phone that way.
Artikas is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2010, 04:28 PM   #8
The General
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perzonz View Post
Intell, I'm guessing you mean use the SSH thing.. I've never figured out how to use that stuff.. I have DiskAid? is that an SSH thing..
It's not SSH, but it should work. You'll probably need to install afc2add in Cydia first.
The General is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2010, 08:20 AM   #9
johnoporritt
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perzonz View Post
Winscp
johnoporritt is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting