Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ryannazaretian

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 21, 2008
Mississippi
So I went to transfer purchases from my iPhone today, and something weird came up.

Screen shot 2010-08-03 at 8.42.21 PM.png

iTunes is automatically putting in this guy's email address into the Apple ID field.

I don't know who this guy is, but I'm sure he's not happy about his email just floating around in random people's iTunes accounts.

So why would this be happening? My whole library is empty at the moment since I'm waiting on the optibay converter to deliver. My iPhone has never been with anyone else. I don't have anybody in my phone as the email address. My address book on OSX is empty as well except with my contact, and it has my email address in it.

I did jailbreak my iPhone yesterday if that has anything to do with it.

Block

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2007
Did you pirate some of your music from somewhere? The guy probably tried to share his file through one of the many file sharing methods, and when you got it you couldn't open it in your iTunes library and so you "deleted" it off of the iTunes screen, but not in the location where it was held in iTunes. So when you transferred the library, the file was still there.

Edit: Nevermind I read that completely wrong I need to go to bed.

By the way, you might want to edit your name out.

ryannazaretian

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 21, 2008
Mississippi
Did you pirate some of your music from somewhere? The guy probably tried to share his file through one of the many file sharing methods, and when you got it you couldn't open it in your iTunes library and so you "deleted" it off of the iTunes screen, but not in the location where it was held in iTunes. So when you transferred the library, the file was still there.

Edit: Nevermind I read that completely wrong I need to go to bed.

By the way, you might want to edit your name out.

Haha... yea, go to bed. Transferring Purchases only... that's all that's on my laptop right now.

Eh... my name is in my username... I really don't care.

gecis

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2010
This doesn't look too good? Are you using someone elses computer?

ryannazaretian

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 21, 2008
Mississippi
I bought the iPhone from AT&T. Pre-ordered it on what, June 14th?

I've had my MacBook Pro since it was new straight from Apple, plus just installed OSX on SSD days ago. It's still clean as a whistle.

No pirated apps. Everything is purchased, free, or free from Cydia.

The Cydia apps include trials of SBsettings, LockInfo, My3G, MiFi, and Strength.

Nothing stolen. All installed on a trial basis.

Also, just tried transferring purchases on Windows 7. The guy's email also comes up there, so it's coming from my phone.

I think I will send the guy an email.

Cynikal.Mindset

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2010
Guelph ON, Canada
I bought the iPhone from AT&T. Pre-ordered it on what, June 14th?

I've had my MacBook Pro since it was new straight from Apple, plus just installed OSX on SSD days ago. It's still clean as a whistle.

No pirated apps. Everything is purchased, free, or free from Cydia.

The Cydia apps include trials of SBsettings, LockInfo, My3G, MiFi, and Strength.

Nothing stolen. All installed on a trial basis.

Also, just tried transferring purchases on Windows 7. The guy's email also comes up there, so it's coming from my phone.

I think I will send the guy an email.

did you activate in store? if so, its probably the employee's email address

ryannazaretian

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 21, 2008
Mississippi
I emailed the guy, and already received a response.

He's not an App developr, nor does he own an iPhone. He's as clueless as me.

kimtyson

macrumors member
Aug 26, 2008
Did you log into your iTunes account yet? Then did it save your ID rather than his? Have you asked Apple how it got there? I would think that something is not good here. Any new, unathorized purchases on your account? Good luck.

ryannazaretian

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 21, 2008
Mississippi
Did you log into your iTunes account yet? Then did it save your ID rather than his? Have you asked Apple how it got there? I would think that something is not good here. Any new, unathorized purchases on your account? Good luck.

Haven't spoken with Apple yet. I'll try to check my account.

EDIT: Account looks fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.