Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hasek3139

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 4, 2009
SO i just got my PS anti glare HD. It comes with 2 front facing films, and a pre install film. after comparing it with another ip4 there is a slight difference. the PS film is a little grainy, but not to bad. THe colors are slightly dulled. My favorite part of this film is the feel. its very smooth. It feels better then the screen itself.A down side is that its kind of a dust magnet. i wipe dust off, then a few seconds later it finds its way back on the screen. if you really like anti glare, and a real smooth feel this would be a great film, but keep in mind the colors aren't as rich.

I think I am going to order the PS crystal and compare, I am not diggin the slight diminish in the screen resolution.

I have a few pictures i took, but the quality isn't that great, and there is dust on the phone. sorry guys but this is the best I could do.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    162.8 KB · Views: 344
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    165.1 KB · Views: 225
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    249.8 KB · Views: 288
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    180.4 KB · Views: 221
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    153.5 KB · Views: 223

chanerz

macrumors 68000
Jul 7, 2010
i love my ps anti fingerprint. no need to wipe my phone. i had the crystal before. a lil screen sacrifice is ok.

chanerz

macrumors 68000
Jul 7, 2010
it doesn't glide as much as the anti glare. the anti glare is really smooth.

ItsJustafnPhone

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2010
please please please come back and tell us your experience about the matte vs crystal comparison

I ordered SGP oleophobic based on reviews, but I would really like to go back to using a matte PS shield if the resolution/color hit is "not that bad"

Statusnone88

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2010
how was the feel of the crystal

The crystal feels GREAT but the only downside is the thing is an oil/fingerprint MAGNET. But when I show people the phone they can't tell here's a screen protector on. The clarity is just as good as bare screen but be prepared to become an obsessive hand washer.

tigert07

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2010
wow

awesome how the hd anti-glare is. mine is still processing for the 3 piece kit..these cheap AT&T matte protectors don't do this phone justice :rolleyes::apple:

spartanrob

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2008
Where is the best, most cost effective place to buy the Power Support Anti-Glare?

hasek3139

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 4, 2009
The crystal feels GREAT but the only downside is the thing is an oil/fingerprint MAGNET. But when I show people the phone they can't tell here's a screen protector on. The clarity is just as good as bare screen but be prepared to become an obsessive hand washer.

do the fingerprints go away easily if u wiped it off?

for both you guyswho asked for my review of the PS crystak i will post a reply with pics asap! i ordered it 2 days ago but it still hasn't shipped.

hasek3139

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 4, 2009
please please please come back and tell us your experience about the matte vs crystal comparison

I ordered SGP oleophobic based on reviews, but I would really like to go back to using a matte PS shield if the resolution/color hit is "not that bad"

did you get your SGP yet? if so is it a fingerprint or oil magnet? and how does wit feel?

hasek3139

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 4, 2009
My SGP oleophobic is a fingerprint and oil magnet. I am returning it to SGP and going to try the PS Anti-Glare

are the finger prints and oil easily washable? i have heard people said the SGP is easily washed off, and the PS crystal wasn't. can anyone vouch for that.

spartanrob

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2008
are the finger prints and oil easily washable? i have heard people said the SGP is easily washed off, and the PS crystal wasn't. can anyone vouch for that.

"washed off" yes, but a simple wipe on a t-shirt doesn't work

MacProPIMP

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2008
Power Support Installation Videos

there's video's on there website on how to install I believe.

Last edited:

Fozzybadfeet

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2009
I received my set today and tested one of the films with my incase slider. No luck.:( The film bubbled up on the side and me having OCD with my phone, took it off. I'll wait till my snap inCase comes in the mail and put it on again...Yes you lose some screen quality but I think I have made a good purchase in the long run. Glad to see other people liking the film.

yOyOYoo

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2005
CA
Either going to the store itself (Burbank, CA) or ordering from their website. Or...waiting for amazon to stock them. Lol.

WOw there's a store in Burbank??

I wonder if they will install it for me if I go to the store haha.

Jumpman2033

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2010
Had a SGP Crystal, but couldn't stand the fingerprints and oil. So i went with the PS anti-glare and love it. Smooth scrolling, and very little oil and fingerprints make me happy with my purchase. It does take a little away from the screen, but oh well i can live with it. If you are all about the Retina Display and that is a big reason why you bought the iphone 4, then don't get the anti-glare. If you can live with losing a little clarity to save time on constanly cleaning your phone, then definitely go with PS anti-glare.

hasek3139

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 4, 2009
Had a SGP Crystal, but couldn't stand the fingerprints and oil. So i went with the PS anti-glare and love it. Smooth scrolling, and very little oil and fingerprints make me happy with my purchase. It does take a little away from the screen, but oh well i can live with it. If you are all about the Retina Display and that is a big reason why you bought the iphone 4, then don't get the anti-glare. If you can live with losing a little clarity to save time on constanly cleaning your phone, then definitely go with PS anti-glare.

yeah i ditched the PS anti glare for the PS crystal cause i didnt like the screen diminishing. i did like the feel smooth scrolling and anti finger print as well. BUT the PS crystal was a fingerprint magnet and fingerprints didnt wipe off with just the wipe of my shirtl so i ditched that and now have the SGP oleophobic, and that is 10x better then PS. also uts cheaper then the PS, and when i wanted a refund for both PS, the only refunded the price (19.95) they would not refund my shipping charges which were 6.05 EACH so i lost $12 + had to pay $4 to ship both back. thats just AWFUL. sgp said they would refund shipping and original cost if i wasnt happy! so SGP > PS

darkside flow

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2010
Toronto
Where is the best, most cost effective place to buy the Power Support Anti-Glare?

I ordered mine from ebay. $35 for the 3 piece set, shipped.

It was going to be $45 with shipping from power support directly.

So I say check out eBay, depending on your location. There may be cheaper shipping within the USA.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.