Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Voltik

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
Just bought my iphone 3 days before and I found out the storage isnt enough for my videos and wanted a 32 gb instead of 16 gb. I bought it at walmart (they dont have 32 gb), could I return to walmart and it purchase from ATT or Apple? I'm upgrading from iphone 3G and wasn't sure if video would be an issue. How would I go about doing this?

dieburnbot

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2008
CA
Just bought my iphone 3 days before and I found out the storage isnt enough for my videos and wanted a 32 gb instead of 16 gb. I bought it at walmart (they dont have 32 gb), could I return to walmart and it purchase from ATT or Apple? I'm upgrading from iphone 3G and wasn't sure if video would be an issue. How would I go about doing this?

Just return it and cancel your contract (you have 30 days) then go to AT&T or apple and buy a 32GB and sign a new contract. I'm not sure what will happen to you phone number though. Unless this was a new sign up anyway.

Voltik

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
Just return it and cancel your contract (you have 30 days) then go to AT&T or apple and buy a 32GB and sign a new contract. I'm not sure what will happen to you phone number though. Unless this was a new sign up anyway.

No this was not a new contract. I'm still on my 3G contract and this was an early upgrade which I paid $18. So I go to walmart and they'll put me back on my old contract with the same number and then go apple or Att and buy a 32gb?

koilvr

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2010
Knoxville, TN
good luck your stuck with the 16 gb it will be very difficult to do what your thinking walmart is a pain to deal with on return of cell phones.

macpro2000

macrumors 65816
Feb 23, 2005
good luck your stuck with the 16 gb it will be very difficult to do what your thinking walmart is a pain to deal with on return of cell phones.

Walmart? Talk about dumbing down the whole iPhone experience.

Voltik

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010

I don't think I'll have problems with walmart, I asked the sales rep that I might have storage issues and he said that I'll be able to return it within 30 days. The front and back plastic is still on the iPhone and I haven't touched the accessories.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.