Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eshroom

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 18, 2006
You don't need to say hit the "make my life easier button".

Obviously, due to the recent iPhone 4 jailbreak there is a huge bottleneck on the Saurik server and I expect it to take anything from a few days to a couple of weeks before my SHSH request is processed through Cydia - it is still marked as "TSS request pending".

I have used TinyUmbrella and downloaded my SHSH to my Mac. Is there any way of transferring it to Saurik's servers should Apple release a new update before my TSS request is processed? Is there another way I can use the SHSH blob I have saved in the future, should I need to?

NoStopN

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2010
Murfreesboro, TN
From the looks of the website, I'd say that there is no need for SHSH's to be transferred onto Saurik's server. Some people have stated that they upgraded from iOS 4.0 to 4.0.1 without messing up the jailbreak. That was the reason for the saving of SHSH. People wanted to downgrade to use a jailbreak, so people needed their older blobs. If upgrading doesn't hurt the jailbreak, then there should be no reason to send blobs to the server.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community

Obviously, due to the recent iPhone 4 jailbreak there is a huge bottleneck on the Saurik server and I expect it to take anything from a few days to a couple of weeks before my SHSH request is processed through Cydia - it is still marked as "TSS request pending".

I have used TinyUmbrella and downloaded my SHSH to my Mac. Is there any way of transferring it to Saurik's servers should Apple release a new update before my TSS request is processed? Is there another way I can use the SHSH blob I have saved in the future, should I need to?

Once you either use TinyUmbrella (pointed at Cydia) or the Make my life easier in Cydia, you are covered. The hashes are there, just takes a few days for the message to show up on the Cydia page.

If you need them before the message shows up, you can still use them or retreive them to your computer.

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
If upgrading doesn't hurt the jailbreak, then there should be no reason to send blobs to the server.

Upgrading from 4.0.1 to whatever will hurt your future ability to jailbreak though. So, if anyone is currently "on the fence", plans to upgrade to 4.1, but wants to retain the ability to JB in the future, they should send a blob now.

I sent 2 blobs last night using TinyUmbrella without any problem.

eshroom

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 18, 2006
People seem to be missing the point a bit.

If Cydia displays "TSS pending" it means a request has not been sent to Apple because Saurik does not want to send too many requests to Apple and get himself blocked. If an update is released before Saurik's server sends the SHSH request to Apple, you will not be covered.

So, since I have my blob saved to my computer, but Saurik's server still does not have it, does anyone have any idea how I would restore to 4.0.1 in the future using the blob on my Mac/?

moussekateer

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2009

If Cydia displays "TSS pending" it means a request has not been sent to Apple because Saurik does not want to send too many requests to Apple and get himself blocked. If an update is released before Saurik's server sends the SHSH request to Apple, you will not be covered.

So, since I have my blob saved to my computer, but Saurik's server still does not have it, does anyone have any idea how I would restore to 4.0.1 in the future using the blob on my Mac/?

Yes, if you have the SHSH blob saved on your computer just use TinyUmbrella and start a local TSS server. It's pretty straightforward

XSilverJ

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2010
Don't know about anybody else but mine went through on Cydia.. so I'm assuming people will start seeing them saved.

alectheking

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2010
Mine went through to, but can someone help me to figure out hot to get my imac to point to cydias servers? i'm having trouble and cant find any good instructions. Sauriks guide didnt really help me.

TMar

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2008
Ky

Sorry, you seem to be missing the point. Tinyumbrella has two options:

1) is to request your blob from Saurik's server, if this is successful that means his server has it and now it's store locally.

2) It's requested from Apple's server and is only stored locally.

The former is the default.

EDIT: In case you don't believe me like you didn't believe the others this is from TU.

Requested From Cydia option:
"This selection will query Cydia for your SHSH. If Cydia has your SHSH it will return it to you. If not, Cydia will request your SHSH from Apple and return it to you. NOTE if Cydia returns you an SHSH then this means that Cydia has your SHSH for that device/firmware combination. The only person to ask about Cydia displaying SHSH is saurik."

Request from Apple option:
"This selection will query Apple for your SHSH. THIS OPTION WILL NOT RESULT IN YOUR SHSH BEING SAVED BY CYDIA"

Love Juice

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2008

there is a good guide over on iclarified that shows you how to save your own shsh flies, and then run your own server to restore. i'd post a link but i'm too lazy :rolleyes:

sananda

macrumors 68030
May 24, 2007
Hi

I've saved my SHSH to my Mac but I'm confused as to where it's located. It seems invisible.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.