Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wickedwesticle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 4, 2010
I deleted the facebook app from my iPhone using the "press app icon until wobbly" method.

I want to re install it cos it was broke but it hasn't actually been uninstalled. I can still see it under general settings (it takes me to a blank page) and if I try and install from the store it tells me I already have it installed.

Any ideas how I can actually uninstall it rather than just remove it from the menu?

wickedwesticle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 4, 2010
Try and sync the phone wth itunes if that doesnt work try a force restart or evan a restore (using itunes) one of them will help. hope it doesnt get to the restore

Thanks I'll give that a go. Why the problem with restore? What are the implications?

wickedwesticle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 4, 2010
Alas it didn't work.

Has anyone got any other ideas before I have to restore the whole thing?

John T

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2006
UK.
Just tick the box next to the App in the list shown in iTunes with the 'phone connected. Then re-sync. Simple! :)

wickedwesticle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 4, 2010
Just tick the box next to the App in the list shown in iTunes with the 'phone connected. Then re-sync. Simple! :)

If I 'check' Sync Apps all my apps disappear. If I 'un check' Sync Apps all apps are greyed out and I can't do anything with them.

What am I doing wrong?

4865271183_d119f47e10.jpg

4865889054_5bb07288d3.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.