Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rumorman69

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 25, 2010
Hey. So I was wondering what would be the best or the easiest way to make sure no dust gets stuck between the iPhone 4 screen/back and the plastic layer of the ZAGG invisible Shield, best skins ever, etc? When iPhones are manufactured or when Apple/foxconn workers put the plastic that covers the screen and back on the phone are they in some sort of clean room with a very very low number of dust particles per cubic foot/meter of air? I just opened my iPhone 4 so it still has the plastic it comes with, but now I want to apply the BSE, WITHOUT getting any dust between the iPhone and the BSE. Any tips? Maybe in a bathroom (without carpets/towels) with the steamy shower on? Would vapor help settle down dust particles? Thanks.:)

slayer41

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2010
I put my zagg skin on yesterday and I'm in love with it. I managed to put it on with no bubbles or imperfections below the skin and it is perfectly placed. All I did is use some LCD screen cleaner on the phone to get all the figer prints off then kept wiping the front with a cloth and using duster to make sure there was no dust under it. And then I just slapped it on. I also did it on my kitchen table.

The spray they give you really helps make sure there are no particles under the skin so I wouldn't worry about it too much. If you are really nervous watch an installation video on YouTube.

Cynikal.Mindset

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2010
Guelph ON, Canada
I really like the steamy bathroom method, I use it almost every time I put on a screen protector.

For my BSE though, some soapy water in the kitchen works fine...I dip my skin in a shallow dish of water with a drop of dish soap and then apply it to the phone and use an eraser to squeegie out the water...soft white erasers work best (stadler or whatever that brand is)

S1njin

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2010
NJ
Forget Zagg and do SGP or PowerSupport. Much easier/forgiving. Clean the screen nicey nice, then keep some canned air handy. Blast the screen good, drop the skin.

Easy peasy.

esadb

macrumors 65816
Nov 29, 2008
Hey. So I was wondering what would be the best or the easiest way to make sure no dust gets stuck between the iPhone 4 screen/back and the plastic layer of the ZAGG invisible Shield, best skins ever, etc? When iPhones are manufactured or when Apple/foxconn workers put the plastic that covers the screen and back on the phone are they in some sort of clean room with a very very low number of dust particles per cubic foot/meter of air? I just opened my iPhone 4 so it still has the plastic it comes with, but now I want to apply the BSE, WITHOUT getting any dust between the iPhone and the BSE. Any tips? Maybe in a bathroom (without carpets/towels) with the steamy shower on? Would vapor help settle down dust particles? Thanks.:)

Talk about run on sentence. Dude you have 1 period in your entire paragraph not even commas.. And the one you have in there is in the wrong spot.

KidStallyn

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2008
Talk about run on sentence. Dude you have 1 period in your entire paragraph not even commas.. And the one you have in there is the wrong spot.
Holy Gammar Police!!!

grammar-police.png

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
Talk about run on sentence. Dude you have 1 period in your entire paragraph not even commas.. And the one you have in there is in the wrong spot.

Read it again. A couple of periods, multiple commas and many question marks (not always in the right place). I've seen much worse. :) This one I can actually read.....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.