Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

3lionsbecks

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 19, 2010
Ontario, Canada
I find it difficult to watch a video or read on Kindle app. outside in a bright sunny environment.

I know this is a common issue with screens in an out door environment but I was wondering if there were any products available that help to reduce the amount of glare or reflection that is on the iPad screen in these circumstances?

thanks

nixiemaiden

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
I find it difficult to watch a video or read on Kindle app. outside in a bright sunny environment.

I know this is a common issue with screens in an out door environment but I was wondering if there were any products available that help to reduce the amount of glare or reflection that is on the iPad screen in these circumstances?

thanks

Anti-glare screen protectors help a lot. Check out power support or speck. It still isn't as easy as reading a book outside but it cuts down at least 80% of the reflection.

pdhahn

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2010
Poconos, PA
Does anyone have any experience with the screen protector that comes with the Otterbox line of ipad cases? I haven't seen any mention of it being "anti-glare", so I'm assuming it doesn't make a difference.

3lionsbecks

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 19, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Thanks. I looked up some reviews at iLounge about the anti-glare screen protectors...while they don't seem perfect I think they would at least improve on the amount of glare and even offer some scratch protection.

I'll have to head over to futureshop to se if they have any of the anti-glare protectors in stock.

Corsair.Noir

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2010
My Ship
anyone know of a removable anti glare screen? I'd like to have on to use just when I'm outdoors but like to take it off indoors

sandyjmacdonald

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2009
I carry a small tent in my backpack. If it's sunny, and I want to use my iPad, I just pitch the tent and crawl inside. Problem solved.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.