Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Aug 4, 2010, 06:37 PM   #1
Leafs
macrumors member

Restoring 3Gs error, cannot be restored device isn't eligible

Hey so I got the white screen of death after dropping my 3Gs. It is jailbroken 3.1.2 and unlocked. It is also still under applecare so wanted to restore it to take it back for a refurbished one hopefully. I tried clicking the restore button but it says it "cannot be restored device isn't eligible." I've been looking around and found this site http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/

all I have to do is hold shift and click and it will restore it to factory settings without the jailbreak and unlock right?

Also what is a good firmware to go back to so the apple genius bar person isn't suspicious?

Also right now I am not to worried about the jailbreak as I would just like my phone back. But is there anyway to keep it? I have already backed up'd my phone and have all the ECID and whatever files I need.

Cheers
Leafs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2010, 09:32 PM   #2
Leafs
macrumors member

bumpity
Old Aug 4, 2010, 10:08 PM   #3
siltears
macrumors newbie

Hi, I'm not a professional with the iphone, but have you tried to restore your iphone on another person's computer using itunes? Because when my cousin used my computer to set up her new itouch, it got really ****ed up, but when we used her computer to set it up (and totally redownloaded itunes) it was ok. Or just try to redownload itunes and see if that helps?
siltears is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2010, 10:55 PM   #4
Leafs
macrumors member

Thanks for the help. Although I heard that you have to unjalibreak on the same computer that you jailbroke on in the first place. Is this true?
Also I just put my phone in recovery mode and am thinking about pressing restore. Anyone else have any opinions of what to do?

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks