Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NIPRING

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 19, 2008
Waukesha WI
I've got a 2.5 Dual Processor PowerMac with the full 8GB of matching Kingston ram, an X800XT video card, a Pioneer 118 superdrive, and i'm gonna put one 1TB for a hdd (i'm keeping my two 2TBs for my next). Checking ebay, there have been no 2.5DPs with 8gigs of ram or the X800. Are these things worth more separately or included? The best sold price included-
"Apple Power Mac G5 Dual 2.5 GHz/2.0 GB/160 GB
QUICK DESCRIPTION:
• Dual 2.5 Ghz PowerPC G5 Processor
• 2.0 GB RAM it will support up to 16 GB <- wrong!
• 160 GB SATA Hard drive.
• Superdrive DVD-RW
• Dual video out
• Firewire 400 -2
• Firewire 800 -1
• USB2- 3
• Mac OS 10.5 Leopard
• Size - 8.2x18.7x20.1 inches
• Weight - 44.4 lb
• Apple keyboard, Mouse included"
for $650

Suggestions? OrangeSVT, i'm particularly interested in your opinion.
thanks

I just want to get out of the possible "Liquid Disaster" i fear is always looming over my head, that and make the jump to a Pro :)

OrangeSVTguy

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2007
Northeastern Ohio
Thank you for asking for my opinion. :eek::)

I think if you want to pocket the most change, sell it separately. The X800 card I think is one of the better AGP cards for the G5 and I don't see them very much so that can bring in quite a bit. 1gb DDR dimms are still around $30-50 from good name-brand manufacturers. I'd just keep at least 4gb around if you ever plan on getting another older computer? 3-4gb is enough in the old G5s for the casual user.

$650 seems to be rather high for that system as that is the high-end Quad territory. I think you can get $500-600 for the complete system locally. Try and put up a trade for a Mac Mini or Macbook? That's what got me into Intel when I traded my 2.3DC for the Mini in my sig(it was stock). Was probably the best Mac I've ever owned though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.