|Sep 29, 2012, 07:05 PM||#26|
Here's what worked well for me, in steps
Thanks, FarhanRizvi and Jbravo, for the link to iFunBox: http://www.i-funbox.com/ It's incredibly useful, and it's free! (smiles)
Here's what worked for me, in steps:
1) Ensure that you've select Sync Voice Memos in iTunes then sync your device. Make sure all of them are copied to the iTunes Media/Voice Memos folder. If not, change your sync settings & get them there.
2) Download & install iFunbox.
3) If your device is still connected to iTunes, eject it without unplugging it.
4) In the iTunes Media/Voice Memos folder, back up whatever VMs you want to keep, then remove/delete everything in the folder.
4) Use iFunbox to delete the VMs from the IPhone/iTouch.
5) Delete the Voicemail playlists from iTunes. (bottom left)
6) Re-establish your device in iTunes. (Unplug then replug if necessary.)
7) Sync. The playlists on the device should disappear.
NOTE: If the sync gets hung up at the final stage (waiting to apply changes), eject your device,
then re-establish it. Sync again.
On a personal note:
Farhan, it makes me really sad to hear you say that about Muslims. I'm Canadian, so I may not really see how it is for you, but I sincerely hope you don't get treated that badly, wherever you are.
Eso, please don't post just to be negative. It wastes the time of people who genuinely want to learn or have something to contribute beyond the sound of their own voices. In sum, it serves no useful purpose.
MultiMediaWill, thanks for not closing the thread after all. (smiles)
Last edited by PrettyCharlie; Sep 29, 2012 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Additional information added.
|Oct 17, 2012, 07:16 AM||#27|
It's all in the settings
In iTunes on a computer, while your phone is connected, Click on the iPhone in the left nav.
On the Summary tab, scroll all the way to the bottom, there's a check box for Manually manage music and videos. Check that.
Now, go back to the left nav and click the Voice Memos tab under the iPhone. Select which ones you want to delete, then Apple+Delete
Last edited by TravisHeeter; Oct 17, 2012 at 07:17 AM. Reason: clarification
|Mar 9, 2013, 01:27 AM||#28|
Thanks FarhanRizvi, Jbravo, and PrettyCharlie! I've been trying to figure this out for over two years. Just deleted >1,600 from the last year using i-FunBox.
I've put the steps that worked for me into this little blog post: http://noahcoad.tumblr.com/post/4492...om-your-iphone
|Apr 15, 2013, 09:37 AM||#29|
|May 25, 2013, 03:55 PM||#31|
Deleting Voice Memos all at Once -- Solution
I had a similar frustration with the Voice Memo app (not being able to smoothly delete a few hundred at a time), and discovered the following app:
You can create folders and add them via iTunes to folders on your computer. Much easier to organize, name and store.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Problems syncing Voice Memos||Eldiablojoe||iPhone||2||Nov 14, 2012 08:52 PM|
|How do I edit voice memos?||SavMBP15||Digital Audio||1||Sep 29, 2012 07:58 PM|
|voice memos||jaznjjj||Mac Basics and Help||0||Nov 12, 2010 03:48 PM|
|SwapFiles....how can i delete?||beatle888||Mac Help/Tips||10||Feb 16, 2003 03:56 PM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:16 AM.