Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nadex05

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 5, 2010
My date and time resets each time my mac sleeps or is reset or if I open date and time options. It keeps sending emails of my old reminders from 2008/2009 from ical and my to-do list emails me its reminders. This happens every time I open my comp or even just open date and time options. I also get the ical reminder notification that pops up freezes on my screen. Not sure how this happened, but can anyone help?

JediMeister

macrumors 68040
Oct 9, 2008
You can try to test this in another user account, but chances are that your PRAM battery, similar in function to the CMOS battery on a Windows system is failing. Unless your computer's out of warranty or you're adventurous enough to try to crack it open yourself and replace the battery you may be better off taking it into a retailer or service provider.

steveoc

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2007
Adirondacks NY
You can try to test this in another user account, but chances are that your PRAM battery, similar in function to the CMOS battery on a Windows system is failing. Unless your computer's out of warranty or you're adventurous enough to try to crack it open yourself and replace the battery you may be better off taking it into a retailer or service provider.

I've been opening up and playing with computers for awhile without hesitation, but looking over the instructions for replacing the PRAM battery in a MacBook Duo is truly over the top! http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Repair/MacBook-Core-Duo-PRAM-Battery/297/1

I'm not sure if you have the same model, but that's quite a process. I'd take it to a repair place, but would expect to pay royally! I hope it's under warrantee!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.