Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sheppy1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 8, 2008
Strange one here guys, just went to check my usage statistics but instead of showing me how many hours my phone has been used for it is displaying 2 "-" icons instead, see image attached, anyone know why this might be? I have an iPhone 4 and it's Jailbroken, it was working fine before I Jailbroke

Attachments

• IMG_0157.PNG
    IMG_0157.PNG
    116.4 KB · Views: 107

moussekateer

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2009
Please do a search as this has been bought up several times. With jailbroken phones every time you respring, restart the phone or just randomly the usage statistics get wiped. A bit annoying but a minor bug

sheppy1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 8, 2008
Please do a search as this has been bought up several times. With jailbroken phones every time you respring, restart the phone or just randomly the usage statistics get wiped. A bit annoying but a minor bug

Fair enough, my bad then, thanks for the reply

aelalfy

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2010
Berlin, Germany

Yea its been brought up but never solved right? I mean just like the dev team fixed the FaceTime & MMS issue that arose from jailbreaking, can't they patch this issue too? Or is it something different?

Thanks
AE

moussekateer

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2009
Yea its been brought up but never solved right? I mean just like the dev team fixed the FaceTime & MMS issue that arose from jailbreaking, can't they patch this issue too? Or is it something different?

Thanks
AE

This has been around since the very first jailbreak. I'm sure they're aware of it but it's probably not an easy fix and more likely it's not fixable. The OS sees resprings or certain modifications as a restart probably and there is nothing you can do to trick the OS otherwise.

aelalfy

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2010
Berlin, Germany
This has been around since the very first jailbreak. I'm sure they're aware of it but it's probably not an easy fix and more likely it's not fixable. The OS sees resprings or certain modifications as a restart probably and there is nothing you can do to trick the OS otherwise.

Well I guess we will have to live with it then. I wish otherwise though, would love to see my actual usuage. Never really had the chance to, by the time I got my phone here in CANADA, I had to jailbreak.

Thanks
AE

sheppy1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 8, 2008
Well at least it's not just a problem with my phone anyway, not really fussed that I can't see them as it's not something that I check regularly but it would be good to see a fix

moussekateer

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2009
Well I guess we will have to live with it then. I wish otherwise though, would love to see my actual usuage. Never really had the chance to, by the time I got my phone here in CANADA, I had to jailbreak.

Thanks
AE

The usage shouldn't wipe if you don't respring, install a new program from Cydia or anything jailbreak related. Saying that, it does sometimes wipe it randomly but that is rare.

aelalfy

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2010
Berlin, Germany
The usage shouldn't wipe if you don't respring, install a new program from Cydia or anything jailbreak related. Saying that, it does sometimes wipe it randomly but that is rare.

Yea once I settle into my jailbreak, it will probably start moving. So far, I have been installing uninstalling respringing, rebooting.

Thanks
AE

threezero

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2008

Thanks
AE

why didnt u buy a factory unlock one right in canada?

Benji222

macrumors 65816
Dec 21, 2009
So Cal
I think if you restart it they may come back.
I dont know if this is true or why it happens if it does I just seem to remebemer it oddly working for me once

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Well at least it's not just a problem with my phone anyway, not really fussed that I can't see them as it's not something that I check regularly but it would be good to see a fix

Usage will reset every time you re-spring, they will not start showing up again until you recharge it fully. If a jailbroken program crash and cause mobile substrate to crash, them this usage will also go away too (same effect as respringing)

This happens to me and I'm not jailbroken...All legit apps, nothing out of the ordinary.

It will happen even before jailbrake, if you battery is at 60% and you plug it to your computer or your car charger for a few minutes and it doesn't reach full charge it will reset this usage too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.