Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Old Nov 23, 2004, 05:17 PM   #1
drift
macrumors newbie

1 wireless keyboard/mouse 2 macs?

Hi,

I'm going to order the new imac in the next day or so and i'll be getting the wireless keyboard/mouse bluetooth options.

I was wondering, if I buy an additional bluetooth usb module, is there a way to also run both new and old imacs from 1 keyboard/mouse?

Old imac is 17" flat panel.
drift is offline   0
Old Nov 23, 2004, 06:26 PM   #2
Blurb
macrumors member

Wink

I use the BT-500 mouse on both my PB 15" and my G4 17" FP iMac. I bought a bluetooth USB dongle for the iMac from Belkin, but had the bluetooth built-in with the PB.

I just don't use the two 'puters at the same time/place. But have never had a problem with this setup.
Blurb is offline   0
Old Nov 23, 2004, 06:35 PM   #3
diamond geezer
macrumors regular

Make sure you buy the D-Link DBT-120 USB bluetooth dongle. This is the only one that will work properly (although you need to flash it with Apple's Bluetooth software).

All other USB Bluetooth adapters will not work 100% You will find you can't awake the machine from sleep with the keyboard and also can't use system startup modifier keys (C = CD-ROM, Option = choosing boot device, Zapping PRAM etc).

READ the info that comes with your keyboard and mouse, it explains all.
diamond geezer is offline   0
Old Nov 24, 2004, 04:40 AM   #4
drift
macrumors newbie

Thanks for the info I'll be sure ang get the right bletooth
drift is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers