Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

imallama

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2010
Sooo...I found this online and I want to do what this person has done for the instant messenger kind of thing. I look it because it looks pretty flush and nothing conspicuous. I'm really like the simple layout. Any idea on how to do this? It seems that the instant messenger system is with AIM. Do you think or know if its possible to do this with ichat or adium? And lastly, how is it possible to put the itunes artwork like that in the bottom left hand corner? Thanks!

tumblr_l6f66zlBT81qzw47ro1_r1_1280.png

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
I am pretty sure if you search the forum / Mac OS section you'll find

Geektool (does the desktop things)
not sure what you use to theme the os though

FYI, upload image next time. Don't hotlink.

imallama

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2010
I am pretty sure if you search the forum / Mac OS section you'll find

Geektool (does the desktop things)
not sure what you use to theme the os though

FYI, upload image next time. Don't hotlink.

Geektool? I was mainly wanting to do the AIM mod. And sorry about that! I'll keep that in mind next time. My bad :/

imallama

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2010
I really like it, has it been confirmed if it is geektool to deliver the mod?

Just figured it out. Got the script running from this sitehere (remember to add in osascript). It doesn't act as an instant messenger client but shows you whose online so it's still kinda cool. Haven't decided if I'm going to keep it yet. Now I'm just trying to figure out how to modify the colors.

I'm still trying to figure out how to get the itunes thingy to work. I can get straight text, but on some of the desktops I've seen, they have a circle with a pause sign in the middle with the track song and information right next to it. Not sure how they did this but I want to figure it out. It's bugging me :( Do you know how they did it? Check out the geektool thread as I asked it over there too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.