Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 14, 2003
I started to make a few improvements to my site. It is very similar to the old design, but I have put some thought in, and re-organized how things are placed and how they work. I think overall it will look a bit better, but I could really use some input! Let me know what you think.

Kurt
_

rozwell

macrumors regular
Apr 17, 2004
is the home page the new look? i like it so far, but the only thing that bothers me is when you go to say the news page its completely different from the client list which is different from you home page. constancy is key because if someone finds you news page say in google for example, and they go to you home page, they might question if its the same site.

but like i said if love the home page its clean, simple, strait-forward, and the flash adds a nice touch. and i love those photos.

actually the more i look at it the more i like it. good work man.

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 14, 2003
1. the home page, design, music, photos, and alley, are all updated on the new theme. All the other pages are a mixed up mess at this point. Consistancy is DEFINATLEY my goal now, I feel pretty good about the theme, and you gave some great comments to enjoying it. I think my next goal is to update all the pages and get all the work on the new theme. If anyone has any other comments i'm going to wait this weekend for more comments, and then go to work on it this next week.
2. What are some thoughts about adding a radio player into my site that would be playing my music. If so how can i do this? if not talk me out of it.
3. On the home page I would like to crop the flash photo animation up just a bit, and add a news style ticker, very similar to that of the likes of apples ticker. Does anyone have any ideas of how i can go about setting this up? any good tutorials?

THANKS!!

Kurt
_

zarathustra

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2002
Boston
I would forget about the radio until you get your site consistent. Your navigation/look is different on EVERY page.

The splash page looks promising though. The fade-in takes too long in my oppinion, it makes the user experience sluggish.

Anyway, keep up the good work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.