Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac

Old Aug 6, 2010, 04:37 PM   #1
Nekonine
macrumors newbie

No internet access on Windows through boot camp

Hello everyone.

I just recently installed Windows 7 on my macbook pro. Everything seemed to work well, especially after I installed boot camp for windows and its drivers.

However I can't seem to connect to the internet. My router is detected but when I select to connect to it I get no internet access.

The same goes for when I plug my Ethernet cable in.

Would really like help with this.
Nekonine is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2010, 06:03 PM   #2
ctyhntr
macrumors 6502

Sounds like a network card driver issue, except for the router connection part.

When you say your router is detected, do you mean your router is supplying an IP address, subnet mask, and gateway, or its it displaying a connection ligh?

Can you ping the gateway? Can you resolve an IP address to DNS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekonine View Post
Hello everyone.

I just recently installed Windows 7 on my macbook pro. Everything seemed to work well, especially after I installed boot camp for windows and its drivers.

However I can't seem to connect to the internet. My router is detected but when I select to connect to it I get no internet access.

The same goes for when I plug my Ethernet cable in.

Would really like help with this.
ctyhntr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2010, 05:47 PM   #3
MiniDragon
macrumors newbie

I'm having this problem too. Windows can see the networks, and I can join them, but I can't actually get online.

I had this problem in OSX also, but AppleCare support had me (In network preferences) change the location from 'Automatic' to 'Test,' which solved everything.
MiniDragon is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac