Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Aug 7, 2010, 05:27 AM   #1
The.316
macrumors 65816

Transfered from hi8 cassette to iMac, need help please

The camera I have is old and it does not have a firewire port on it. What I am using is a Pinnacle device to transfer it to my XP via Bootcamp. The videos are being read fine, and they are being exported as Video TS files. What do I do after to burn them to DVD? I have Toast on my other iMac, so I can transfer them to that imac and burn them, but I am not totally sure about it. I just want to burn it so the videos will play on a dvd player, no need for editing. If I could burn it region free, that would be a plus. Thanks for the replies.
The.316 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2010, 09:14 AM   #2
The.316
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by The.316 View Post
The camera I have is old and it does not have a firewire port on it. What I am using is a Pinnacle device to transfer it to my XP via Bootcamp. The videos are being read fine, and they are being exported as Video TS files. What do I do after to burn them to DVD? I have Toast on my other iMac, so I can transfer them to that imac and burn them, but I am not totally sure about it. I just want to burn it so the videos will play on a dvd player, no need for editing. If I could burn it region free, that would be a plus. Thanks for the replies.
Anyone got any advice?
Old Aug 10, 2010, 09:31 AM   #3
HobeSoundDarryl
macrumors 68040

Instead of exporting them as videoTS files, export them as quicktime, move them to the Mac side, import them into iDVD and burn them. iDVD is pretty easy to use and it will yield a nice DVD(s). It has a feature called MagicDVD http://www.apple.com/ilife/idvd/, which is supposed to be as close to one-step as possible. Do a search for it and you can see for yourself (there's some youtube videos showing it in action).
HobeSoundDarryl is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2010, 09:32 AM   #4
mstrze
macrumors 68000

Send a message via AIM to mstrze
Don't you have a DVD burning program on the XP? Or why can't you import on the iMac?

Seems to me you are trying to make this cross-platform and more complicated than it should be.
mstrze is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2010, 09:47 AM   #5
The.316
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstrze View Post
Don't you have a DVD burning program on the XP? Or why can't you import on the iMac?

Seems to me you are trying to make this cross-platform and more complicated than it should be.
XP is via Bootcamp, so I can probably burn it that way. I cant import them to Mac OS directly because the camera is old, it only has rca and s-video connections, and I have a pinnacle video transfer device that is only for Windows. Thats why I am transferring the videos to XP.

BTW...sorry for posting this in the wrong forum. I wasnt paying attention when I created the thread.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 10:23 AM   #6
mstrze
macrumors 68000

Send a message via AIM to mstrze
You might want to check on that Pinnacle device. There might be some way to make it work on the Mac side. Have you tried accessing it from within iMovie?

I don't know how it connects, but if it's through the FireWire port it might just behave as a connected camera within iMovie.
mstrze is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater