Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Old Nov 25, 2004, 02:18 AM   #1
sAmBaL BeLaCaN
macrumors member

M-Audio Sonica + Zalman Theatre6

Hi guys..i just found an interesting news.

I'm going to buy an M-Audio Sonica at around NZ$225 and a headphone Zalman Theatre 6 at around NZ$125. But, when I check the plug cable of the headphone, they only provide 3 channel: Front, Center, and Rear.

When I look at the back of M-Audio Sonica, the in-plug they have was very different (See the attachments). Any suggestion how to make them as a great couple?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Zalman_Plug.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	19081   Click image for larger version

Name:	sonica_rear.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	19082  
sAmBaL BeLaCaN is offline   0
Old Nov 25, 2004, 10:56 AM   #2
expergo
macrumors regular

The m-audio is a 6.1 soundcard.

The headphones are 5.1. So you'll gonna have an extra output on the m-audio for that extra channel. Just plug everything to the front l/r, surround l/r, front center.

Set the the soundcard to 5.1 setting instead of 6.1 and everything should be fine.
expergo is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers