Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Aug 7, 2010, 08:29 PM   #1
Lostsol
macrumors regular

Safari page loading indicator keeps spinning

Usually when a page loads in safari there is a little "circle of dashes" icon on top by the battery indicator that spins until the page loads then goes away. On my iPhone 4 though, sometimes I notice that even after the page completetly loads the icon is still there spinning and won't stop. Does this have to do with the multitasking function?

The only way I can get it to go away is to close all pages or do a reboot. Can anyone help me figure this out?
Lostsol is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2010, 08:57 PM   #2
frikfrak
macrumors regular

Occasionally I see the same behavior on my ip4.
frikfrak is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2010, 09:20 PM   #3
apple3g040193
macrumors 6502

i have the opposite problem my spining wheel doesnt show up lol.
apple3g040193 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2010, 09:22 PM   #4
Lostsol
macrumors regular

Ok. So I don't care about the icon itself. I just want to know if something is running and would drain the battery faster. Even if I close all the apps in the multi-task panel it doesn't seem to stop it.
Lostsol is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2011, 03:56 AM   #5
Goldnight
macrumors newbie

Yeah, sometimes this happens and it sucks. Basically, you'll just have to go home, open multitask and quit safari. Open it back up and that should stop the spinning. Besides the fact that it's annoying, it does drain the battery life.
Goldnight is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone