Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lostsol

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
Usually when a page loads in safari there is a little "circle of dashes" icon on top by the battery indicator that spins until the page loads then goes away. On my iPhone 4 though, sometimes I notice that even after the page completetly loads the icon is still there spinning and won't stop. Does this have to do with the multitasking function?

The only way I can get it to go away is to close all pages or do a reboot. Can anyone help me figure this out?

Lostsol

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
Ok. So I don't care about the icon itself. I just want to know if something is running and would drain the battery faster. Even if I close all the apps in the multi-task panel it doesn't seem to stop it.

Goldnight

macrumors newbie
Feb 17, 2011
Texas
Yeah, sometimes this happens and it sucks. Basically, you'll just have to go home, open multitask and quit safari. Open it back up and that should stop the spinning. Besides the fact that it's annoying, it does drain the battery life.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.