Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SimonBS

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 30, 2009
Hi,

I've ordered an iPad and I'm looking very much forward to get it sometime next week.

In the mean time, I'm looking for interesting applications. Therefore I found out that the iPad Will replace my iPhone in many ways, though there is one thing that would be awesome if the iPad could; handle SMS.

I got the idea that when the iPhone and the iPad are on the same WiFi network it could be possible for the iPhone to push incoming SMSes to the iPad and for the iPad to push text to the iPhone which the iPhone will send as an SMS.

Is there any application that does this? Or could it be possible?

liavman

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2009
You can send and receive SMS directly from your iPad. There are a few free applications in the App store that do that. Textplus is one of them but not the only one.

SimonBS

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 30, 2009
You can send and receive SMS directly from your iPad. There are a few free applications in the App store that do that. Textplus is one of them but not the only one.

But that requires that the recipent has Textplus aswell, right?

liavman

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2009
No. You can send SMS to any cell phone and get a reply back.

There is another app that actually gives you a phone number that others can initiate an SMS to you. I forget the name. Search the appstore for it.

Blakjack

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2009
Oh man uve got to catch the technology wave dude. SMS.....u can d**n near do that from a rock now.

SimonBS

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 30, 2009
No. You can send SMS to any cell phone and get a reply back.

There is another app that actually gives you a phone number that others can initiate an SMS to you. I forget the name. Search the appstore for it.

Hi,

Oh well, just checked TextPlus, sadly it does only work in US and Canada when sending iPad-to-cellphone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.