Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Aug 8, 2010, 04:45 PM   #1
TJone
macrumors 6502

Can't connect to Exchange Server 2003

My company does not like the iPhone and they don't support ActiveSync. They also do not have IMAP and POP access but I can check my mail through OWA. I tried setting up mail through Exchange Server anyways but it does not connect - I think the settings, server and domain I used are all correct. I guess without IMAP and/or ActiveSync there is no way to connect using the iPhone Mail app. Is there any other method I to connect? They are planning to use Good for Enterprise to support iPhone email later this year but I hear there are problems with that app. Thanks
TJone is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2010, 08:13 AM   #2
mgamber
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJone View Post
My company does not like the iPhone and they don't support ActiveSync. They also do not have IMAP and POP access but I can check my mail through OWA. I tried setting up mail through Exchange Server anyways but it does not connect - I think the settings, server and domain I used are all correct. I guess without IMAP and/or ActiveSync there is no way to connect using the iPhone Mail app. Is there any other method I to connect? They are planning to use Good for Enterprise to support iPhone email later this year but I hear there are problems with that app. Thanks
I don't think IMap or Pop3 are required BUT you do need to specifically enable mobile device support from Exchange in order for it to work. There may be a reason your company doesn't like iPhone, I'd check with them before trying anything else that may violate company policy.
Old Aug 9, 2010, 09:07 PM   #3
TJone
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgamber View Post
I don't think IMap or Pop3 are required BUT you do need to specifically enable mobile device support from Exchange in order for it to work. There may be a reason your company doesn't like iPhone, I'd check with them before trying anything else that may violate company policy.
I see. That is probably the issue since they only like to support BB devices (through a BB server). It is not so important for me to connect to my work email but I was just wondering what was preventing me from connecting and I think mobile device support is not enabled like you suggested. Thanks for you help.
TJone is online now   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting