Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TJone

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 2, 2010
My company does not like the iPhone and they don't support ActiveSync. They also do not have IMAP and POP access but I can check my mail through OWA. I tried setting up mail through Exchange Server anyways but it does not connect - I think the settings, server and domain I used are all correct. I guess without IMAP and/or ActiveSync there is no way to connect using the iPhone Mail app. Is there any other method I to connect? They are planning to use Good for Enterprise to support iPhone email later this year but I hear there are problems with that app. Thanks

mgamber

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2008
My company does not like the iPhone and they don't support ActiveSync. They also do not have IMAP and POP access but I can check my mail through OWA. I tried setting up mail through Exchange Server anyways but it does not connect - I think the settings, server and domain I used are all correct. I guess without IMAP and/or ActiveSync there is no way to connect using the iPhone Mail app. Is there any other method I to connect? They are planning to use Good for Enterprise to support iPhone email later this year but I hear there are problems with that app. Thanks

I don't think IMap or Pop3 are required BUT you do need to specifically enable mobile device support from Exchange in order for it to work. There may be a reason your company doesn't like iPhone, I'd check with them before trying anything else that may violate company policy.

TJone

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 2, 2010
I don't think IMap or Pop3 are required BUT you do need to specifically enable mobile device support from Exchange in order for it to work. There may be a reason your company doesn't like iPhone, I'd check with them before trying anything else that may violate company policy.

I see. That is probably the issue since they only like to support BB devices (through a BB server). It is not so important for me to connect to my work email but I was just wondering what was preventing me from connecting and I think mobile device support is not enabled like you suggested. Thanks for you help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.